Remember a while back, when The Beatles' music was finally carried on iTunes, and the whole world went mop-top crazy for a couple of weeks? Well, Bluewater Productions is hoping for a repeat of that enthusiasm, as they've brought a handful of their music-themed graphic novels to the iBookstore, where they can be accessed and purchased via iTunes.
The graphic novels are not new Bluewater material, but rather a repackaging of the popular Rock 'n' Roll Comics that were pervasive during the 1990s. While the long-running series boasts dozens of issues, only a handful are going to be available at first, ranging in price from $1.99 to $9.99.
The list of titles now available digitally are:
- Rock & Roll Comics: The Beatles Experience by Stuart Immonen & Mike Sagara
- Rock and Roll Comics: The Pink Floyd Experience by Spike Steffenhagen, Jay Allen Sanford & Ken Landgraf
- Rock and Roll Comics: Led Zeppelin by Spike Steffenhagen & Jay Allen Sanford
- The Elvis Presley Experience by Jay Allen Sanford and Aaron Sowd
- The Runaways (Joan Jett & Lita Ford) by Spike Steffenhangen & Jay Allen Sanford
- Rock and Roll Comics: Hard Rock Heroes by Jay Allen Sanford, Todd Loren, Spike Steffenhagen & Christie Maconnell featuring: Guns N’ Roses; Metallica; AC/DC; Black Sabbath/Ozzy Osbourne; Motley Crue; Poison; Van Halen; Black Crowes; Motorhead; Pantera; Megadeth; Sammy Hagar; Anthrax; Joan Jett/Lita Ford; Skid Row
- Orbit: John Lennon by Marc Shapiro
The newly packaged graphic novels through Bluewater Productions in partnership with the original publishers, Revolutionary Comics, are now available digitally through iTunes, Kindle & Nook. And it's hard not to feel like a Beatles comic by Stuart Immonen has to be worth at least a look.