New year, new you. Or, at very least, new gaming library. Rocket League was one of those games in 2017 that took the community by storm. Even players that aren't usually into that particular style of gameplay couldn't help but to be swept away by its addictive nature. For those Xbox players that have been needing to re-up their Xbox Live Gold membership anyway, now's the perfect chance to try out the beloved online game now!
For a limited time only, when Xbox fans purchase a 3-month Xbox Live Gold Membership card exclusively at GameStop, a free copy of Rocket League comes with it. It's a pretty sweet deal, and it's only a 3 month commitment - so if you are perhaps new to the Gold club and realise it's just not for you, you can cancel any time before that 3 month period is up for no additional charge.
Still not convinced? Here's what you need to know about Rocket League:
Soccer meets driving once again in the long-awaited, physics-based sequel to the beloved arena classic, Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars!
A futuristic Sports-Action game, Rocket League, equips players with booster-rigged vehicles that can be crashed into balls for incredible goals or epic saves across multiple, highly-detailed arenas. Using an advanced physics system to simulate realistic interactions, Rocket League relies on mass and momentum to give players a complete sense of intuitive control in this unbelievable, high-octane re-imagining of association football.
Awesome features include:
- All-new Season Mode that allows players to enjoy a full single-player experience
- Extensive Battle-Car customizations with more than 10 billion possible combinations
- Unlockable items and vehicles, stat tracking, leaderboards, and more
- Addictive 8-player online action with a variety of different team sizes and configurations
- Amazing 2-, 3-, and 4-player splitscreen mode that can be played locally or taken online against other splitscreen players
- Broadcast-quality replays that allow you to fast forward, rewind, or view the action from anywhere in the arena
- Competitive cross-platform gameplay with PlayStation®4 and Xbox One users
Rocket League is available now for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PC, and Nintendo Switch!