A new update for Battlefield 2042 is now live. Update #3.2 contains a number of different fixes and improvements for bugs and stability as well as a feel additional changes beyond that like a bunch of updates to Mastery and Weekly Missions. It has also been announced that the next update, #3.3, will include a refreshed Scoreboard among other changes.
"This update is part of our continued commitment to address your feedback related to resolving bugs and improving gameplay," the patch notes for the update read in part. "Currently scheduled for February, we'll follow-up with another update focused on Quality of Life improvements."
Update #3.2 for #Battlefield2042 is now live across all platforms🎮— Battlefield Direct Communication (@BattlefieldComm) January 20, 2022
Restart your game to grab the Update if you've been playing while we made it available✅
Read the full Update Notes: https://t.co/yihvPVWATo pic.twitter.com/o6372Ff4kX
You can check out the full patch notes for Battlefield 2042 Update 3.2, straight from the source, below:
- Fixed an issue where leaving a party during matchmaking could make the game unresponsive
- Fixed an issue where connecting to EA servers after signing up with a new account would not work on the first attempt
- Updated behavior of the quit button during gameplay so it now returns you to the correct screen
- Fixed an issue where the loading music would stop playing during level load
- Fixed a rare occurrence where after landing with the Wingsuit, hits wouldn't always register on some parts of Sundance's hitbox
- Fixed occurrences of rubberbanding when running behind friendly players
- Fixed a rare issue that could cause you to be stuck in both an alive, and downed loop
- Fixed a variety of issues with attaching to ladders that could cause you to get stuck in a state where you could fly away or lose control of your Specialist
- Fixed an issue where soldier movement speed was impaired by nearby explosions that spawned craters
- Fixed an issue where camera shake and audio for landing would unintentionally trigger when dropping from very small heights
- Fixed an issue where weapons from a Loadout Crate would sometimes inherit ammo from the previously selected weapon
- Fixed an issue where being spotted when firing a weapon would spot you for too long
- Added multiple fixes to improve overall game stability
- Fixed a rendering related crash that could occur for AMD Radeon VII users while Sundance was visible on screen
- Sniper and SOFLAM scope glints now show from a further distance
- Fixed an issue where passenger weapons would no longer be in sync whenever the driver's turret would rotate, causing bullets to not register when firing at enemies
- M1A5, T28 – improved the effective range and reduced spread on Canister Weapon Pod
- Reduced Bullet Spread from 1.6 -> 1.1
- Increased Damage Fall Off Distance from 35 -> 40
Battlefield Hazard Zone
- Fixed a black rectangle being present on screen during Hazard Zone end of round when hitting quit at the level progress screen
- The Server Info tab now persists after hitting Refresh in the Portal Server Browser
- Fixed an issue where text would overlap when joining a Team Deathmatch game during the end of round sequence
- Rules Editor – the "IsInventorySlotActive" value now correctly handles melee weapons
- Certain admin commands can no longer be spammed
As noted above, Battlefield 2042 Update 3.2 is now available. More broadly, the video game is currently available for the Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, and PC. You can check out all of our previous coverage of the latest and greatest Battlefield video game right here.
What do you think of the latest Battlefield 2042 patch? Are you still playing it regularly? Let us know in the comments, or feel free to reach out and hit me up directly over on Twitter at @rollinbishop to talk about all things gaming!