Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl are just a few hours from release on Nintendo Switch, and a second update for the game has now been made available. When players start their copy of Brilliant Diamond or Shining Pearl, they'll be prompted to download version 1.1.1 of the game. This update is on the smaller side compared to version 1.1.0, merely optimizing the previous update's data. Of course, only those that had the opportunity to review the game prior to release will be able to see any changes. Patch notes for both updates directly from Nintendo's website can be found below:
Ver. 1.1.1 (Releasing November 17, 2021)
Optimized Ver. 1.1.0 update data.
Ver. 1.1.0 (Releasing November 11, 2021)
- Communication functions added for the Grand Underground, Super Contest Shows, Union Room, and Mystery Gift
- You'll be able to enjoy local and internet communication functions of game features like the Grand Underground, Super Contest Shows, and the Union Room. You'll also be able to receive gifts via Mystery Gift.
- Post–Hall of Fame elements added
- Some game elements you'll be able to enjoy after entering the Hall of Fame, such as Ramanas Park, will be implemented.
- Note: If you have game data that reflects that you have already entered the Hall of Fame, you can play these elements immediately after updating the software.
- Some in-game movies and animation added
- Certain animated scenes and movies, including the opening movie that plays when the software is opened and the ending movie, will be implemented.
- Note: An opening movie has been added that plays when the software is opened. You can see it by closing the game and re-opening it with existing save data.
- Note: An ending movie has been added. Even if you have already reflected entering the Hall of Fame on your save data, you can see the ending by entering the Hall of Fame again.
- Some issues have also been fixed for more pleasant gameplay.
It will be interesting to see how players feel about Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl! While the original DS game has a passionate following, some changes to the remake have already proven somewhat controversial. Readers that might still be on the fence about the game can always check out ComicBook.com's official review, as well as the rest of our coverage, right here. Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl will release exclusively on Nintendo Switch on November 19th.
Do you plan on checking out Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl? Are you a fan of the DS original? Let us know in the comments or share your thoughts directly on Twitter at @Marcdachamp to talk all things gaming!