Wizards of the Coast has announced Tomb of Annihilation, the new storyline for Dungeons & Dragons coming launching in fall 2017.
The new adventures I heavy on necromancy and undead and set in the Jungles of Chult where snake people, Aarakocra, and
The talk of the streets and taverns has all been about the so-called death curse: a wasting disease afflicting everyone who’s ever been raised from the dead. Victims grow thinner and weaker each day, slowly but steadily sliding toward the death they once denied.
When they finally succumb, they can’t be raised–and neither can anyone else, regardless of whether they’ve ever received that miracle in the past. Temples and scholars of divine magic are at a loss to explain a curse that has affected the entire region, and possibly the entire world.
The cause is a necromantic artifact called the Soulmonger, which is located somewhere in
In addition to the main campaign adventures, Wizards of the Coast will release Xanathar’s Guide to Everything, a supplement including new game options for both Dungeon Masters and players, as told from the perspective of the infamous Beholder who leads the Thieves’ Guild of Skullport:
Assembled here for the first time is new information on adventurers of every stripe. In addition, you’ll find and valuable advice for those of nefarious intent who must deal with such meddling do-gooders, including the Xanathar’s personal thoughts on how to dispatch anyone foolish enough to interfere with his business dealings. Alongside observations on “heroes” themselves, the beholder fills the pages of this tome with his personal thoughts on tricks, traps, and even treasures and how they can be put to villainous use.
The new book includes rules for more than 20 additional Dungeons and Dragons subclass, including the cavalier, the inquisitive, and the horizon walker. There are also new feats, spells, and a randomized backstory system.0comments
Below is a list of the other Tomb of Annihilation products being released during the event, including new events in the Neverwinter MMORPG, as provided by Wizards of the Coast. You can also see Tomb of Annihilation preview art in the gallery below:
- The Tomb of Annihilation tabletop RPG adventure provides tons of information on exploring the peninsula of Chult. Available for a wide release on September 19, 2017, and in game stores on September 8!
- Perfect World Entertainment and Cryptic Studios are bringing Tomb of Annihilation to Neverwinter, the free-to-play MMO based on Dungeons & Dragons. Look for Neverwinter: Tomb of Annihilation to debut on PC July 25, and on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 soon after. Find out more at PlayNeverwinter.com.
- Tomb of Annihilation will be available on the digital tabletops Roll20 and Fantasy Grounds in September 2017.
- Fans will be able to play D&D Adventurer’s League modules created for Tomb of Annihilation at Origins Game Fair in June and at
September 8. Find out more at https://hascon.hasbro.com/. Hasconin
- In September 2017, Wizards of the Coast will release a Tomb of Annihilation Dice set in a specially designed metal container embossed with the classic green devil face.
- Coming on July 26,
2017from WizKids is a new Icons of the Realms set of miniatures for Tomb of Annihilation, including a stone juggernaut, pterafolkand an incentive pack featuring the green devil face.
- WizKids is making a brand-new Adventure System board game for Tomb of Annihilation that’s compatible with all previous Adventure System board games, available September 2017.
- WizKids will release a set
forDice Masters based on the storyline in September 2017.
- This Fall, Gale Force Nine will be releasing three new unpainted figures for D&D Collector’s Series, including a stack of three Batiri goblins and a dinosaur rider.
- A new Dungeon Masters Screen created especially by Gale Force Nine for Tomb of Annihilation will be available this September.
- Tomb of Annihilation will be the first adventure for
fifthedition D&D officially translated into multiple languages by Gale Force Nine, available later this year.
- Available everywhere November 21, 2017, Xanathar’s Guide to Everything is a tabletop RPG book expanding options for players and Dungeon Masters, including more than 20 new subclasses, dozens of spells, and more.
- A limited number of a special alternate-cover edition of Xanathar’s Guide to Everything will be available in game stores on November 10, 2017, featuring a design by illustrator Hydro74 of the beholder crimelord.
More Tabletop News: Marvel HeroClix: 15th Anniversary What If? Unboxing / New Star Trek RPG Comes In A Borg Cube / Check Out These Wet Hot American Summer: Fantasy Camp Character Sheets / New Star Trek RPG Comes In A Borg Cube