Gatorade is teaming up with DC Entertainment to revive their “League of Captains” campaign for a second year.
Last year’s subjects, Cam Newton and JJ Watt, will be joined by Robert Griffin III, Peyton Manning and Eli Manning in getting their own limited-time-only Gatorade bottle and DC digital comic.
The bottles will be available nationwide and fans can find all five of the comics on Gatorade.com. While there, visitors can also create their own athlete superhero and enter to win a comic cover drawn by an artist from DC Entertainment.
The members of the “League of Captain” are:
- JJ Watt, MegaWatt - JJ is the quintessential example of what happens when you pair motivation with unparalleled work ethic. The product? The unrelenting defensive end known as MegaWatt.
- Cam Newton, The Blender - Cam takes components from the greatest quarterbacks and fuses them together. When he hits the field, defenses aren’t just up against him; they’re up against the several quarterbacks that make up Cam. They’re up against The Blender.
- Peyton Manning, The Sheriff - His preparation is like no other player in the league. He can visualize defenses and plays before they happen and can recall any play from the past, so when he steps on the field, he lays down the law on defenses.
- Eli Manning, Big Easy - He stays stay cool, calm and confident in any situation, including the most pressure-packed scenarios in a pro football game. No matter the score or the scenario, he always comes up big and makes it look easy.
- Robert Griffin III, TrIIIple Impact - One second he’s throwing a TD pass. The next second he’s dashing down the sideline for a 60-yard run. Well-rounded off the field and on it, he can beat you with his arm, his legs or his pure will to win.