DC Comics revealed in September that its variant cover theme for the month of December will be “Harley’s Little Black Book.” The publisher hinted that each title involved in the push would be receiving more than one variant option, and ComicBook.com can now reveal new details, and exclusively reveal two of the variant covers.
Each “Harley’s Little Black Book” variant will come in three versions from different stages in the creative process: pencils, inks, and full color. Each variant cover issue comes in a blackout polybag, so the only way to see the finished cover is to open them up on release day.
Check out the gallery below to see Alex Ross’s pencil variant for Batman #47, and Tim Sale’s pencil variant for Green Arrow #47.
Here’s the full list of issues getting “Harley’s Little Black Book” variants in December.
- 12/2: HARLEY’S LITTLE BLACK BOOK #1 – J. Scott Campbell
- 12/2: GREEN LANTERN #47 – Darwyn Cooke
- 12/9: BATMAN #47 – Alex Ross
- 12/9: GREEN ARROW #47 – Tim Sale
- 12/16: JUSTICE LEAGUE #47 – Jim Lee
- 12/16: HARLEY QUINN #23 – Bruce Timm
- 12/23: SUPERMAN #47 – Lee Bermejo
- 12/23: JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #6 – Joe Madureira
- 12/30: THE FLASH #47 – Terry Dodson
- 12/30: WONDER WOMAN #47 – Amanda Conner