May has arrived, and with it comes new anime series, such as the new Yu-Gi-Oh! series that has caused quite a bit of buzz online. The new series has all new characters and battle action, but looks like it will play off that classic Yu-Gi-Oh! nostalgia. There has been tons of updates and previews of the anticipated series, and yesterday, Weekly Jump released tons of information on the new characters.
Although fans have already seen some information on the new characters, the information on the secondary characters its revealing. Weekly Jump revealed information on the following characters below:
- Fujiki Yusaku: "He Duels against various Duelists using his cool-headed logic as his weapon. His skills as a Duelist are top notch. The ultimate Dueling stage composed of VR: LINK VRAINS (Link Virtual Reality Artificial Intelligence Network System) By using "LINK VRAINS" which was built inside the Network System, Duels unfold where Duelists change their appearance separate from their real life identities!"
- Blue Angel: "An Idol-style Charisma Duelist who charms the audience with her lovely figure. Is the way she Duels as adorable as her appearance!?"
- Go Onizuka: "A Charisma Duelist who looks like a Professional Wrestler. The monsters he uses share an equally powerful appearance!"
- Den City: "A city in the near future which serves as this show's setting, nearly everything in it is connected to the megacorp SOL Technology Inc. Its unique gimmick is the VR Duels which the inhabitants enjoy."
- Kusanagi Shouichi: The Mysterious Hot Dog Vendor: "While he looks like an ordinary mid-city hot dog vendor, his real identity is that of a top-notch hacker who supports Playmaker's Duels."
- Zaizen Akira: SOL Technology Inc.'s Security Chief: "An elite member of the the Security team for the city and its Virtual Reality infrastructure. He spends every day protecting the city against hackers."
- Playmaker: "Yusaku's appearance in "LINK VRAINS". Behold a never-before-seen Duel as he rides his D-Board!"
- The Mysterious Life Form: "A life form surrounded in mystery that appears before Yusaku. Due to certain circumstances, it appears to be on the run from SOL Technology Inc."
You can read up on the anime's story introduction below:
"There is a city where network systems have evolved: Den City. In this city, with the advanced network technology developed by the corporation "SOL Technology," a Virtual Reality space called "LINK VRAINS" has been developed, and in this VR Space people became excited over the latest way to Duel.
However, in LINK VRAINS, a mysterious hacker group that hacks via Dueling has appeared:The Knights of Hanoi. Their goal is to destroy the "AI World" known as "Cyberse" that exists somewhere in the depths of the Network.
However, there is one Duelist who stands against the threat to LINK VRAINS. His name is "Playmaker". He has become famous in the Network World for crushing the "Knights of Hanoi" in fierce Duels without mentioning his name. But the true identity of "Playmaker" is ordinary high school student Fujiki Yusaku, who pursues the "Knights of Hanoi" that appear in VRAINS in order to find out the truth of an incident that happened in the past."
Yu-Gi-Oh! Vrains is set to premier in Spring of this year