God of War launched in April, but we're still plumbing its lore and its world for more secrets! This morning, God of War director Cory Barlog took the time to respond to a curious fan, revealing a fun fact about one of the most iconic locations in the game: the mighty bridge in the Lake of Nine.
?...approx 1,774,000 tons.— Cory Barlog ? ?️? New Game+ Aug. 20th!!! (@corybarlog) August 13, 2018
If you couldn't tell, Barlog's tongue is in his cheek here, and this shouldn't be taken as literal. Then again, he was the main creative force behind the God of War reboot, so in a way, what he says is canon. If you're wondering how Barlog arrived at this number, you're not alone.
Surprisingly, the number wasn't completely random. It is, in fact, based in part on a famous bridge in the real world. In a separate response, he reveals how he arrived at his conclusion.
...or...twice the weight of the Golden Gate bridge.
?❤️?— Cory Barlog ? ?️? New Game+ Aug. 20th!!! (@corybarlog) August 13, 2018
Sure enough, if you look up the weight of the Golden Gate Bridge, you'll see that it's roughly 887,000 tons which, multiplied by two, gives you 1,774,000. This guy really does go the extra mile when responding to fans, which is why we all love to poke him on Twitter so often.
It's not all play, though. God of War is still evolving, and very soon we have a "new game plus" mode to look forward to. The new mode will unlock on August 20, and it will provide fans with plenty of incentive to dive back in and sweep through the story one more time:
- Relive the journey of Kratos and Atreus with all of your previous armors, enchantments, talismans, resources and abilities on the difficulty of your choosing.
- Test your skills against higher level enemies; some of which might even have a few new tricks up their sleeves!
- Unique to New Game+ is a brand new rarity level of equipment to craft and upgrade! Collect ‘Skap Slag’, a new resource to upgrade your gear to the best of the best from our finest blacksmiths.
- Play the game in a whole new way by exploring new customization options with extremely powerful new armor sets and enchantments.
- Finally, get right back into the action with the newly added ability to skip through cinematics in both normal and New Game+ modes once a full play through has been completed.