Epic Games Store has revealed its next free game, which will be made available for free on February 20, and be free until February 27. More specifically, the growing storefront has announced that its next free game is Faeria, a card battler that is essentially Catan meets Hearthstone. Developed by Abrakam SA and published by Versus Evil, it debuted back in 2017 to solid critical and user reviews.
That said, unlike most games in its genre, you don't have to grind your life away to get every card in the game. According to the aforementioned developer, if you put in about 50 hours into the game, you will actually collect every card it has, which again, can not be said about most titles in this genre.
For those that don't know: Epic Games Store gives away a free game every week. In fact, some weeks it actually gives away multiple games. And that's it. There's no strings attached. As long as you're an Epic Games Store user -- which costs nothing -- you can download and play these games as much as you want whenever you want, because they are yours to keep.0comments
At the moment of publishing, the storefront is offering both Aztez and Kingdom Come: Deliverance for free. You can read more about each of these games here.
Faeria is available on PC. Below, you can read more about the game, courtesy of an official rundown of its key features:
- Uniquely Strategic Card Game: A strategy game like no other. Build exciting decks and shape the battlefield as you fight epic battles.
- No Card Packs to Buy!: Earn your collection through our simple and affordable DLC-based business model. Experience a card game without expensive micro-transactions.
- A Real Solo Experience: Enjoy 100+ hours of solo content, co-operative missions, and puzzles!
- The Ultimate Draft Mode: Enter Pandora, Faeria's unique draft mode that where your deck-building skills are put to the ultimate test.
- Join a Friendly Community: Become a part of our thriving, supportive, and helpful community by joining our official Discord channel, subreddit, or forums - or join The Hub!
- Fight on the Esports Scene: Compete in regular officially-recognized tournaments with great prizes - or watch them live and win in-game loot!
Did you know ComicBook.com has a Pokemon podcast? That's right folks, A Wild Podcast Has Appeared is available every Thursday bringing you the best breakdowns of the week's biggest news from Jim Viscardi, Megan Peters & Christian Hoffer. Catch the newest episode right here or subscribe on iTunes today!