A new MultiVersus update officially goes live today and will add Stripe from Gremlins as a new playable character for the free-to-play platform brawler. In addition to the new character, the video game from developer Player First Games and Warner Bros. Games will also add an upcoming Halloween event and cosmetics, big changes to the game's combo system, and more.
- We moved the Free-For-All mode to a more prominent position in the play menu. It was on the far right of the menu and was often hidden. We really enjoy the mode and recommend trying it out if you haven't!
- Stripe (Unlockable with: 2,000 Gold, 1 Character Ticket, or 700 Gleamium)
- (Variant) Combat Stripe (Unlockable with 800 Gleamium)
- Stripe joins Multiversus! Stripe is our first chainsaw-wielding assassin!
- Lady Rainicorn Announcer Pack (Unlockable 300 with Gleamium)
- Say 안녕하세요! (hello), the Lady Rainicorn Announcer Pack has been added to the store!
- A new map will be appearing very soon that can only be played in custom games. It's new and experimental, so we would love for players to try it out and give us feedback on how to improve! More details soon!
MultiVersus Halloween Event!
- Halloween is coming to the Multiverse!
- Event Runs: October 15th, 2022 – November 15th, 2022
- Earn candy by playing games against other players or bots. Earn extra candy by playing with Combat Stripe, Combat Gizmo, or other Halloween exclusive skins!
Halloween Candy Earnings Breakdown:
Singles & FFA
- Candy earned for 1s Win (Not playing as Combat Stripe or Combat Gizmo or another Halloween Skin) = 20 Candy
- Candy earned for 1s Loss (Not playing as Combat Stripe or Combat Gizmo or another Halloween Skin) = 10 Candy
- Candy earned for 1s Win (Playing as Combat Stripe or Combat Gizmo or another Halloween Variant = 40 Candy
- Candy earned for 1s Loss (Playing as Combat Stripe or Combat Gizmo or another Halloween Variant) = 20 Candy
Teams (Solo & With Friends)
- Candy earned for 2s Win (Neither playing as Combat Stripe or Gizmo or another Halloween Variant) = 20 Candy
- Candy earned for 2s Win (Player playing as Combat Stripe or Combat Gizmo or another Halloween Variant) = 40 Candy
- Candy earned for 2s Win (Both playing as Combat Stripe or Combat Gizmo or another Halloween Variant) = 60 Candy
- Candy earned for 2s Loss (Neither playing as Combat Stripe or Combat Gizmo or another Halloween Variant) = 10 Candy
- Candy earned for 2s Loss (Player playing as Combat Stripe or Combat Gizmo or another Halloween Variant) = 20 Candy
- Candy earned for 2s Loss (Team playing as Combat Stripe or Combat Gizmo or another Halloween Variant) = 40 Candy
Exchange your candy in the candy shop for exclusive treats!
Candy shop Halloween Items Exchange Rate Breakdown:
- Pumpkin Patch Profile Icon = 150 Candy
- Jack-O-Lantern Emote Sticker = 500 Candy
- Mummy Reindog Epic Variant = 3,000 Candy
- Calico Cake Epic Variant = 12,000 Candy
Exchange your Candy for Gold!
- Exchange 500 Candy for 10 Gold in The Candy Shop.
- Exchange 500 Candy for 10 Gold in The Candy Shop.
- Mummy Reindog (Unlockable with 6,000 Candy)
- Calico Cake (Unlockable with 12,000 Candy)
- Halloween Event (Unlockable)
Halloween Event Cosmetics (Puchaseable)
- Vampire Tom & Jerry (Unlockable with 800 Gleamium)
- Frankenstein Iron Giant (Unlockable with 1500 Gleamium)
- Witch Velma (Unlockable with 1500 Gleamium)
- Black Lantern Superman (Unlockable with 2000 Gleamium)
- Black Lantern Wonder Woman (Unlockable with 2000 Gleamium)
- Anti-Infinite System: We've lowered the same attack limit from 4 to 3. Using the same attack 3 times in the same hitstun combo will now decay the attack and all subsequent attacks in the combo. The goal is to put a global soft-cap on infinite combos and make combos more creative (rather than the same attacks over and over). We hope the change pushes players to explore new and more exciting combo routes instead of the same few attacks looped together. We will be paying careful attention to this system and as always we appreciate your feedback!
- Dodge Meter System: We've increased the time it takes to regain ticks of the dodge meter. This is to promote more deliberate action and management of the dodge meter. The goal is to increase the importance of the dodge meter and thereby increase the importance of perks affecting the dodge meter as well.
Bug Fix: Fixed an issue where dashing to the knife on Arya traveling at a downward angle would continue to throw her at speed downwards often causing her death.
Bug Fix: Fixed an issue where Face Steal could cause desyncing and frame rate drops
+ Ground/Air Up Special: Enemies have 70% KBI instead of 100%.
- This is a stopgap measure before a larger change comes in. The fix is still in testing and since we won't have full confidence in our solution until more testing is done, we have to push it into the next patch. The goal is to make Up Special more consistent and skill based where the opponent has control over the outcome and follow ups from Arya require a read.
+ Ground/Air Side Special: Dash to Knife when attached to enemy hits more consistently when traveling long distances.
+ Air Up Attack: First hit should drop out of the combo less
- General: Set passive dodge meter return to 7s from 6s.
- Side Air Attack: Sair 1 increased by 5 frames before Batman is allowed to cancel out of the move due to landing.
- This should make intended whiff (miss) lag consistent in air or landing.
+ Side Air 2: Improved reliability of Sair 2 to hit in online play.
- General: Set dodge meter return to 7s from 6s.
+ Ground Neutral Attack: Removed hurt boxes on Garnet's hands and arms.
+ Ground/Air Up Attack: Removed hurt boxes on Garnet's hands and arms.
+ Side Jab Combo 1: Removed hurt boxes on Garnet's hands and arms.
+ Air Up Special: Increased movement upwards to make this Attack more of a recovery and a more powerful attack option.
- General: Set dodge meter return to 6s from 3.5s.
- Ground Side Special: Car will no longer deal damage if Gizmo gets hit off.
- Ground Side Special: Car needs to be going faster before hitting. The new minimum speed is 1400 up from 800.
- Up Special: Attach to same ally cooldown increased to 15s from 9s.
- Air/Ground Down Attack (While In Up Special): Piano attack while attached now takes longer to perform and has increased recovery.
- Up Special: Damage taken while being attached now decreases additional attach time.
+ Neutral Special: Sing buff on enemies now starts to decay after 7 seconds from 5 and has a slower decay speed.
- The intention is to allow the Silence debuff to apply more often. Previously we felt it was too difficult for the debuff to be applied.
- General Set dodge meter return to 9s from 6s.
Bug Fix: Fixed a bug that was causing sticker emotes to not play on Iron Giant.
Bug Fix: Iron Giant bolts are no longer destroyed by projectile blocking effects e.g. Wonder Woman's Grounded Side Special
~ General: Removed ability where Iron Giant would be a wall that enemies could get bounced off of.
- The number of bugs this caused far outweighed the gains.
- General: Set dodge meter return to 9s from 6s.
- Neutral Air Attack: Added 4 frames of whiff lag
- Side Air Attack: Added 3 frames whiff lag
Bug Fix: Fixed an issue where the Silencer emote would not allow canceling out of the emote.
- Air/Ground Neutral Special: Ally pass catch explosion slightly reduced in size.
- General" Set dodge meter return to 7s from 6s.
- Air/Ground Down Special: Reduced duration of ally save from 5s to 4s
- Air/Ground Down Special: Cooldown increased from 38s to 42s.
- Air/Ground Neutral Attack: Previous knockback scaling was increased by 1 for each grenade shot by the same blaster shot with no limit on the multiplier. Knockback scaling is now limited to a max of 3 from no limit.
- General: Set dodge meter return to 9s from 6s
~ Air/Ground Side Special: Various improvements to portal and teleporting positioning.
~ Ground Up Attack: Aligned VFX to better align with Rick's whip's hitboxes.
- Ground Up Special: Increased whiff lag by 3 frames
- Ground Up Special: Charge damage multiplier reduced to 1.5 from 2.0.
- Air Up Special: Reduced charging multiplier on KB and damage 1.25 from 1.5.
- Air/Ground Down Special: Knockback Multiplier from being Polymorphed reduced to 1.5x from 2x.
- Air Side Attack: Reduced base KB to 1350 from 1400
- Air/Ground Neutral Special: Charged Neutral Blaster is now on an ammo system, Rick starts with 2 ammo with 1 ammo being returned back to him every 8s.
- The intention of this change is to prevent extremely passive projectile gameplay.
- General: Set dodge meter return to 6s from 3.5s
- General: Movement speed reduced from to 2075 from 2175
- Air Up Special: Down direction throw reduced from 675 to 450.
+ Air Down Special: Eye Laser tuning 3 charges up from 2 with one charge returning every 10s.
- Side Air Attack: Reduced base KB to 1100 from 1200
- Reduced charged KB multiplier to 1.25 from 1.5.
- Neutral Air: Reduced base KB to 1100 from 1200.
- General: Set dodge meter return to 6s from 2.5s.
Tom And Jerry
+ Ground Down Attack: Cancels earlier on hit by 3 frames
+ General: Jerry's HP increased from 9 to 10.
- General: Set dodge meter return to 9 from 6.
Bug Fix: Fixed a bug where Velma vial could apply ice even after fighters had stopped standing in her Chem Spill.
Bug Fix: Fixed a bug where Velma's ice would stack indefinitely.
- Air/Ground Neutral Special: Cooldown on beam increased from 6s to 8s.
- Air Up Special: Increased whiff lag by 3 frames.
- Air Side Special
Reduced active hit frames by 2 to better match visuals.
- General: Movement reduced to 2050 from 2100.
As noted above, the latest MultiVersus patch is set to go live today. In general, MultiVersus is currently available in Open Beta on the PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and PC with Season 1 already in full swing. The video game is a free-to-play platform brawler with a focus on 2-on-2 team fights that includes full cross-play support as well as server-based rollback netcode. You can check out all of our previous coverage of MultiVersus right here.
What do you think about the new MultiVersus update? Are you looking forward to playing as Stripe? Let us know in the comments, or feel free to reach out and hit me up directly over on Twitter at @rollinbishop in order to talk about all things gaming!0comments