Titan Quest Gets A New Expansion 11 Years After Launch
Despite being out for over a decade now, Titan Quest is ready to show developer how it's done by [...]
Despite being out for over a decade now, Titan Quest is ready to show developer how it's done by dropping an all new expansion for the popular action RPG. It was a pleasant surprise for players of the title, given that there was no prior announcement or gigantic hype build up prior to release.
The latest expansion, titled Ragnarok, allows players to fully dive into Norse mythology:
"At long last, Titan Quest continues its epic journey through the world of antiquity. A mysterious threat calls the heroes of Hades to the uncharted lands of northern Europe, where new enemies await and new powers and treasures are waiting to be found! This new expansion to the acclaimed Anniversary Edition of Titan Quest adds a fifth act of unprecedented scope, along with many new and requested features including new weapon types and a 10th Mastery for your characters to learn."
When THQ Nordic acquired Titan Quest from Lore Entertainment years ago, they realised that the game was still highly revered among the community. They even told PC Gamer that they "were quickly motivated to do another expansion as we realised Titan Quest is still actively played."
Unfortunately for those that still have the boxed edition, that version of the game is no longer compatible. For those that wish to take on the new adventures, the Anniversary Edition is required and is also available now on Steam. According to the official listing:
From Age of Empires co-creator Brian Sullivan and Braveheart writer Randall Wallace comes an innovative action role playing game set in ancient Greece, Egypt and Asia. The Titans have escaped their eternal prison, wreaking havoc upon the earth. The gods seek a hero who can turn the tide in an epic struggle that will determine the fate of both men and gods.
In this epic quest of good versus evil, players will encounter the greatest villains of Greek mythology, brave the attacks of Cerberus, and hazard the banks of the River Styx. Players will interpret the prophecies of the blind seer Tiresias, fight alongside Agamemnon and Achilles, and use the wiles of Odysseus to conquer this dark new adventure.
Anniversary Edition update
- Restored and improved multiplayer functionality, including new features like a built-in voice chat and NAT resolving for best multiplayer connectivity
- Support for more resolutions, larger camera distance and scaleable UI size
- Improved performance and general stability
- Support for modders through new modding options and a fully integrated Steam Workshop
- Complete balance rework with improvements to all Masteries, damage types, unique items and sets
- Countless bug fixes and other improvements, including ten years' worth of community fixes
- Increased challenges and rewards for larger parties and on higher difficulty levels
- Dozens of new heroes and bosses to encounter
- Improved enemy and pet AI
- Quality of life features like higher stack limits, quick item pickup, a larger stash and a speed setting
- Reduced cheating with curbed exploits, removal of test items and mod comparison in multiplayer
- Steam Friend Invites
- Steam Achievements
- Steam Trading Cards