Filmmaker John Carpenter might be most known for his straightforward horror endeavors like Halloween, The Fog, or Prince of Darkness, but the director often blends various elements from a number of genres to create entirely unique experiences. For instance, one of Carpenter's most beloved films is the Kurt Russell-starring Big Trouble in Little China, which blends elements of fantasy, action, comedy, and even some horror, resulting in a film well-deserving of its cult status. While the film is currently available on Blu-ray, Scream Factory is set to debut an all-new Blu-ray of the film, which comes with a staggering number of all-new special features.
Kurt Russell stars as Jack Burton, a tough-talking truck driver whose life goes into a supernatural tailspin when his best friend's fiancée is kidnapped in John Carpenter's Big Trouble In Little China. Jack suddenly finds himself in a murky, danger-filled world beneath San Francisco's Chinatown, where Lo Pan, a 2,000-year-old magician, mercilessly rules an empire of spirits. Facing down a host of unearthly terrors, Jack battles through Lo Pan's dark domain in a full-throttle, action-riddled ride to rescue the girl. Also starring James Hong, Kim Cattrall and Dennis Dun, this special effects-filled spectacle is a non-stop thrill ride to an incredible finish!
The Blu-ray set contains the following special features:
- NEW Audio Commentary With Producer Larry Franco
- NEW Audio Commentary With Special Effects Artist Steve Johnson, Moderated By filmmaker Anthony C. Ferrante
- Audio Commentary With Director John Carpenter And Actor Kurt Russell
- Isolated Score
- Theatrical Trailers
- TV Spots
- Vintage Audio Interview With John Carpenter
- Electronic Press Kit – Interviews And Profiles
- Gag Reel
- Music Video
- Deleted And Extended Scenes
- Extended Ending
- Photo Galleries – Movie Stills, Posters, Lobby cards, Publicity Photos, And Behind-the-scenes Photos
- NEW You're The Hero – An Interview With Actor Dennis Dun
- NEW The Soul Of Lo Pan – An Interview With Actor James Hong
- NEW Able To Be Myself – An Interview With Actor Donald Li
- NEW The Tao Of Thunder – An Interview With Actor Carter Wong
- NEW The Tao Of Rain – An Interview With Actor Peter Kwong
- NEW The Hatchet Man Speaks – An Interview With Actor Al Leong
- NEW Damn Wiley Prescott – An Interview With Writer W.D. Richter
- NEW It Was A Western Ghost Story – An Interview With Writer Gary Goldman
- NEW The Poetry Of Motion – An Interview With Associate Producer/Martial Arts Choreographer James Lew
- NEW Into The Mystic Night – An Interview With The Coupe De Ville's Member Nick Castle
- NEW Since We Were Kids – An Interview With Second Unit Director/The Coupe De Ville's Member Tommy Lee Wallace
- NEW Love And Art – A Conversation With Movie Poster Artist Drew Struzan
- Return To Little China – An Interview With Director John Carpenter
- Being Jack Burton – An Interview With Actor Kurt Russell
- Carpenter And I – An Interview With Director Of Photography Dean Cundey
- Producing Big Trouble – An Interview With Producer Larry Franco
- Staging Big Trouble – An Interview With Stuntman Jeff Imada
- Interview With Visual Effects Artist Richard Edlund
- Vintage Featurette
The film will also be available as a collectible steelbook, as well as being offered among various other collectible sets.
Head to Scream Factory's website to pre-order your copy before it hits shelves on December 3rd.
Will you be adding the film to your collection? Let us know in the comments below or hit up @TheWolfman on Twitter to talk all things horror and Star Wars!