HBO may not have delivered on the final season of Game of Thrones in the eyes of many fans, but it certainly appears that they've done the show justice with their 33-disc limited edition complete series Blu-ray / digital box set. It has one of the most stunning package designs that we've ever seen along with loads of additional content. At the time of writing, you can pre-order the set at Walmart or right here at Amazon for $249.95 (24% off) with free shipping slated for December 3rd. That's pretty reasonable when you dig into the details and find out what the set contains...
HBO has revealed that the Game of Thrones: The Complete Collection box set includes Seasons 1-8 on Blu-ray and digital along with loads of special features and never-before-seen footage - including a cast reunion show with Conan O' Brien that's available exclusively on this set. Everything is wrapped up in a wooden shadow box with multi-layer, 3D panel artwork from Robert Ball (the artist behind the Beautiful Death series) that pulls out to highlight a story from each season. The video below will give you a closer look at the artwork. You'll also find details about special features, which we've outlined in full after the video.
Game of Thrones: The Complete Collection Bonus Features:0comments
- Game of Thrones: Reunion Special: A reunion show shot live in Belfast with the cast, both past and present, hosted by Conan O’Brien and available exclusively on these complete series collections. The reunion special is assembled in segments focused on Houses Lannister, Stark, & Targaryen and concludes with the key players all onstage for their final reflections on the years they shared in Westeros and Essos.
- Bonus content and retail exclusive videos from previously released individual season box sets, totaling more than 15 hours of extra materials for fans to explore when they’ve finished watching the series.
Game of Thrones: Complete Series and Season 8 Blu-ray Bonus Features:
- Game of Thrones: The Last Watch: A documentary featured on DVD in two parts by filmmaker Jeanie Finlay chronicling the making of the final season.
- When Winter Falls: Exclusive 30-minute featurette with showrunners David Benioff and D.B. Weiss, along with major stars and behind-the-scenes players, breaking down all that went into the colossal filming of the “Battle of Winterfell” in Season 8, Episode 3.
- Duty is the Death of Love: A compelling look at how the team behind Game of Thrones and its major stars, including Kit Harington, Peter Dinklage and Emilia Clarke, brought the show to its conclusion in the series finale, “The Iron Throne.”
- Audio Commentaries: 10 Audio Commentaries with cast and crew, including the show’s creators, Benioff and Weiss, on the final season.
- Deleted and Extended Scenes: 5 never-before-seen deleted or extended scenes from season 8.
- Histories and Lore: New animated pieces giving the history and background of notable season 8 locations and storylines.
Note: This is not a sponsored post, but if you purchase one of the awesome products featured above, we may earn a small commission from the retailer. Thank you for your support.
Have you subscribed to ComicBook Nation, the official Podcast of ComicBook.com yet? Check it out by clicking here or listen below.
In this latest episode do a full on San Diego Comic Con 2019 preview with our predictions for Marvel Studios' next movies (including the recently announced Thor 4), what Netflix will bring with The Witcher and we go over the record breaking number of Emmy nominations Game of Thrones got! Make sure to subscribe now to never miss an episode!