With the arrival of the Season of the Drifter, Destiny 2 players will also be treated to a new Gambit mode that will only feature one round and a much more difficult Primeval. That said, Bungie has released a new trailer for Gambit Prime that shows off the armor and perks that will be included.
In the video above, we can see that there is plenty of high-octane action ahead in Gambit Prime. To help players along in their quest for victory, new armor and perks are being implemented, which can be seen below:
Repear Set - Green
- Clear Waves + Slay Larger Enemies
- Weaken high-value targets
- Multikills generate special ammo
- Gain increased Mote lifetime
- Powerful enemy kills increase grenade recharge
Sentry Set - Yellow
- Counter Invasion + Bank Protection
- Multikills grants a damage buff against Taken
- Bank gives health regeneration
- Mark invaders for teammates
- Buff allies in the Well of Light
Collector Set - White
- Collect Motes + Send Blockers
- Drop Motes on death
- Motes grant overshield
- Gain ammo on Mote deposit
- Send giant 20-Mote blockers
Invader Set - Red
- Hunt Players + Steal Motes
- Gain ammo while invading
- Improves invasion overshield
- Damage bonus on Guardian kills
- Lock and drain Motes from enemy bank
As can be seen in the Destiny 2 trailer for Gambit Prime, each of the sets has its own default color. However, Bungie also provided a chart that shows how each set will look when players have the colorblind settings on.0comments
In addition to Gambit Prime, the base Gambit mode is getting a few upgrades to improve the experience. As outlined by Bungie recently, they are making changes to speed up the matches a bit as well as a handful of other alterations:
- Changed the third round of Gambit to a Primeval rush sudden death. This will speed up Gambit matches overall and add a change of pace to the final round.
- Overhauled how we choose the invader spawn location and increased the number of invader spawn points for each map. This should greatly reduce the chances of spawning very near or in direct line of sight of an enemy Guardian.
- Implemented Idle Protection which means that players that remain dormant for too long will not receive end-of-match rewards or Infamy points.
- The Triumph “Light vs. Light” can now be progressed by killing any Guardian using a Super, not just invaders. This makes attaining the Dredgen title a less daunting task.
- Adjustments to Blocker types by deposit tier:
- Small Blocker = Taken Goblin with less health than the previous Phalanx.
- Medium Blocker = Taken Captain with more health than the previous Knight.
- Large Blocker = Taken Knight with more health than the previous Ogre.
Gambit Prime will be available to those who own Destiny 2: Forsaken as well as the Annual Pass. It is set to arrive alongside another new mode, The Reckoning, and the Season of the Drifter on March 5th.
What do you think about all of this? Excited to see what Gambit Prime and the Season of the Drifter have to offer? Let us know in the comment section below!
Have you subscribed to ComicBook Nation, the official Podcast of ComicBook.com yet? Check it out by clicking here or listen below.
In this latest episode, we talk about the new X-Men: Dark Phoenix trailer, Will Smith breaking up with the Suicide Squad, & so much more! Make sure to subscribe now and never miss an episode!