Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age is now available to play on Nintendo Switch. Well, kind of. While the full game proper doesn't release until September 27, a demo is now available to download for free. It's not quite clear how much the demo lets you play, but Nintendo does note your saved progress will carty over the final version when it releases later next month.
Begin your quest as the Luminary with the #DragonQuest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age – Definitive Edition demo, out now!August 21, 2019
For those that don't know: Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age is the same grand adventure filled with the same memorable characters as the best game, which features an enchanting story an classic JRPG gameplay. However, it's also the definitive version of the title, so in addition to the original game, there's also new content. For example, there's newly-added character-specific stories, fully orchestrated field and battle music, side-quests to journey into past Dragon Quest worlds, and the ability to alternate between HD and retro-inspired 16-bit visuals. Lastly, there's also the option to switch between a Japanese and English voice track.
Below, you can read more about the game, courtesy of an official rundown of its features by Square Enix:
- Develop party members using the Character Builder
- Buy gear using in-game currency, or construct your own
- Side-quests and mini-games to try, monsters to ride
- Start the game with Draconian Quest for a bigger challenge
- Capture your favorite gameplay moments with Photo Mode
- Ability to alternate between original and orchestrated music track, Japanese and English voice track, HD and retro-inspired visuals
- Bonus characters stories
- Travel to past DRAGON QUEST worlds, featured in DRAGON QUEST 1 through 10 games
- Download the free Champion's Pack DLC when it launches on Sept. 27 to receive helpful items and fun costumes!
Again, the demo is completely free, so there's really no reason not to download it, even if you aren't traditionally a fan of the series, because you don't need to have played previous entries to play this one.