Now that the end of July is nearly upon us, Amazon's Prime Gaming has officially revealed the free video games that will be available as part of the Amazon Prime subscription service in August 2022. Prime Gaming typically offers free video games to claim by subscribers on a rotating monthly basis in addition to in-game loot for other titles. In August 2022, Prime Gaming is specifically set to offer StarCraft: Remastered, Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders, Beasts of Maravilla Island, Recompile, ScourgeBringers, and Family Mysterious: Poisonous Promises to subscribers starting on August 1st.
All of the usual caveats for these freebies apply. They are only available to claim in the first place by Amazon Prime subscribers and must be claimed before they rotate out at the beginning of September 2022. Additionally, specific titles might require other digital distribution platforms such as Electronic Arts' Origin. They are also all only for the PC platform.
Take to the stars ✨— Prime Gaming (@primegaming) July 28, 2022
Next month, we're offering @Starcraft: Remastered as a free game with Prime, as well as other indie titles!
Read more 👇
Here's how Amazon's Prime Gaming describes the titles available in August:
- StarCraft: Remastered: Command the mechanized Terrans, psi-powered Protoss and insectoid Zerg as they vie for map control of eight unique environments in this upgraded sci-fi strategy experience that pioneered the world of esports.
- Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders: In the classic point-and-click adventure game, only Zak McKracken, a reporter for the disreputable can save the day. Travel back in time to 1997 and join Zak in a world in which Space Aliens have built a stupidity machine to slowly deplete every human being's IQ to single digits.
- Beasts of Maravilla Island: Embrace the role of a young wildlife photographer who traverses Maravilla Island's magical ecosystems to discover extraordinary creatures, learn their behaviors and most importantly, photograph their majesty.
- Recompile: Take control of a semi-sapient program struggling against deletion in the sprawling 3D world of a Mainframe. Recompile features against intense combat, tight 3D platforming, super-powered abilities and an environmental logic-based hacking mechanic.
- ScourgeBringer: Jump in to help Kyhra in this fast-paced free-moving platformer as she explores the vast unknown and slashes her way through ancient machines guarding the seal of her past and maybe the redemption of humanity.
- Family Mysteries: Poisonous Promises: Plunge yourself into the world of debauched elites, alluring women and corrupted cops, while fighting for power, the ultimate currency.
As noted above, StarCraft: Remastered, Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders, Beasts of Maravilla Island, Recompile, ScourgeBringers, and Family Mysterious: Poisonous Promises are set to be available via Prime Gaming starting on August 1st. That's in addition to various in-game loot in various other video games. Prime Gaming, more generally, is part of the larger Amazon Prime subscription. You can check out all of our previous coverage of Amazon's Prime Gaming right here.
Have you been claiming free games via Prime Gaming as of late? What do you think about the offerings from Amazon for August 2022? Let us know in the comments, or feel free to reach out and hit me up directly over on Twitter at @rollinbishop in order to talk about all things gaming!0comments