The newest For Honor update that's scheduled to go live later in the week takes a Shugoki-sized swing at tons of bugs affecting the game's fighters, maps, and game modes.
Just about everything that's detailed in the latest update notes is geared towards fixing a bug or improving something, so following the release of the Title Update 1.18 that's scheduled to be available on Jan. 18, players should feel their games running much smoother. One of the most notable bugfixes that'll be applied to all characters is the removal of the ability to soft feint repeatedly, an exploit that some players were known to abuse.
There's a massive amount of bugfixes geared towards individual fighters, so be sure to check out the general bugfixes below and find your favorite character within the official patch notes to see how they're affected.
- Viking Village
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issues that caused the "Barrel Trap" to not execute the Shaman and the Aramusha.
- [Improvement] Fixed an issue that caused "Friendly Fire" to make players drop the flag.
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that cause players to be interruptible while the opponent is interacting with the "Offering".
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that allowed the Players to interact with the "Offering" after placing it in a "Shrine".
- [Bug Fix] Added a missing sound effect during the Win Confirm timer.
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the interaction sound effect to continue playing after being interrupted.
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused some user interface and audio to persist until Faceoff screen while joining a match from the "Deploy Troops" menu.
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the Tournament matchmaking user interface to disappear upon receiving an error of matchmaking time out.
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the "Rank Update" interface to be displayed after a match ends in a Tie.
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the "Next Map" interface to sometimes remain displayed at the end of a Tournament.
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused a Quit Penalty to trigger when leaving a Tournament after being eliminated in the Qualifiers.
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused some elements of the Tournament Lobby to remain displayed after abandoning a Tournament.
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that displayed the wrong player count while matchmaking.
- [Improvement] On the end match reward screen, we added an interface to display how players earned their Troops.
Developer Comments: Players earn Troops based on the length of the match and their Score's rank against the scores of all the players in both teams. We expose these values when you hover over the Troops icon in the end flow to make it more transparent.
- [Improvement] Added a weather icons above the territory's icon and name.
- [Improvement] Added an message for Isolated Territory & Capital Territory to clarify that Territories that are not connected to a Capital while be turned over to another Faction once the current Battle is over.
- [Improvement] Added an icon to emphasize the selected Player's Faction.
- [Bug Fix] Fixed a case that might have caused the user to join a match in progress and remain in stuck Tactical View for the whole game.
- [Bug Fix] Player is not redirected back to the Events Playlist after pressing the "Back" button from the Faction War Tactical View invoked from Events Playlist. This is now fixed.
- [Bug Fix] Fixed Map Overview while in match for some game modes that were not displaying the correct info.
- Dynamic Reflections quality selection
- Replaced the current "Dynamic Reflection" toggle with a quality selection box. Available options are: Off, Low, Medium, High, & Extreme.
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused the game to start without focus when display option is set to "Windowed" or "Borderless Windowed".
- [Bug Fix] While modifying the game settings, the "Apply Changes" pop up is not displayed if the payer leaves the menu by going directly to the Social tab.
- [Bug Fix] Fixed the mouse clickable area of the Tab switch interaction for Duel, Brawl & Events Playlists.
- [Bug Fix] Gear thumbnail displayed previously scavenged gear when scavenging with keyboard and mouse. This is now fixed.
- [Bug Fix] Incorrect button depiction is shown for 'Close' button when toggled between Auto and PS4 in 'Control Icon Display" option while an Xbox 360 controller is connected or vice versa.
- [Bug Fix] Fixed an issue that caused Post Launch Heroes to not unlock properly when bought with Keyboard and Mouse. The player was presented with a second Unlock pop up.
- [Bug Fix] The recruit button does not to work when clicked with the mouse in the Hero's customization menu. This is now fixed.