There is a hilarious segment on YouTube called "Lore in a Minute" and it breaks down entire plotlines in less than a minute from popular franchises like Fallout, Outlast, Assassin's Creed, and most recently - Super Mario Odyssey. But with Halloween looming just around the corner, and The Evil Within 2's release still a recent thing, we thought it only fitting to showcase their segment on the highly talked about horror sequel.
The plot of the first game and the events leading up to the sequel are a little hairy, but Lore was willing to help us out a little bit. They breakdown the events leading us back into STEM to rescue Lily, the protagonist's daughter, with a humour rundown of The Evil Within 2:
Destiny 2, Cuphead, Blade Runner, and more have all gotten the "Lore in a Minute" rundown and can all be seen at their YouTube hub here.
For those that may want a slightly more official game description of the highly acclaimed horror sequel:
From mastermind Shinji Mikami, The Evil Within 2 is the latest evolution of survival horror. Detective Sebastian Castellanos has lost it all. But when given a chance to save his daughter, he must descend once more into the nightmarish world of STEM. Horrifying threats emerge from every corner as the world twists and warps around him. Will Sebastian face adversity head on with weapons and traps, or sneak through the shadows to survive.
- Return to the nightmare to win back your life and the ones you love.
- Explore as far or quickly as you dare, but prepare wisely.
- Survive the onslaught of horrifying creatures determined to rip you apart.
- Craft traps, sneak, run and hide, or try to battle the horror with limited ammo.
- Enter a frightening world filled with anxiety-inducing thrills and disturbing moments.
The Evil Within 2 is now available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC.