Radio Flyer isn’t just about little red wagons these days. Their first foray into drivable, battery-powered vehicles for kids was a mini Tesla Model S, and they’re expanding the line with an officially licensed Star Wars Luke Skywalker Landspeeder.
Just announced at San Diego Comic-Con (via Mashable), the Landspeeder is modeled after the X-34 craft from Star Wars: A New Hope. It includes seats for two riders, an interactive dashboard with lights and movie sounds, and a 5 mph driving speed (a gear shift allows the rider to choose between 2 mph forward, 5 mph forward and 2 mph reverse speeds). A single charge of the 12V battery will get you around five hours of driving time.
At this point you’re probably thinking “I know this is for kids, but am I too heavy to ride it?” Unless you weigh 130 pounds or less, the answer to that question is “yes”, unfortunately. For most of us, that means we'll have to be content with the smiling faces of our children as we push the jealousy deep down inside.
On that note, if you’re down to spoil the hell out of your kids, the Radio Flyer Star Wars Luke Skywalker Landspeeder is available to pre-order now for a whopping $499.99. Fortunately, the shipping is free with an estimated ship date of September 5th.
You can take a closer look at the Landspeeder in the photo gallery and see it in action in the video above. The full specs include:
• Film-accurate design and detailing from Star Wars: A New Hope
• Seats for two riders
• Interactive dashboard with lights and real movie sounds
• Includes dialogue from the film: "Look it, there's a Droid on the scanner. Dead ahead. Might be our little Artoo unit. Hit the accelerator!" - Luke Skywalker
• 12V rechargeable battery allows up to 5 mph
• Includes Luke Skywalker's Landspeeder™ by Radio Flyer, 12V rechargeable battery and charger
• For 4+ years
• Maximum weight: 130 lb.