Square Enix has confirmed that neither Kingdom Hearts II nor Final Fantasy VII Remake will make their debut for at least another full year.
During an earnings presentation today, the publisher listed all major titles scheduled for release before the end of the current fiscal year (March 2017). Kingdom Hearts III and Final Fantasy VII Remake were both absent from the list.
The list does include several other major releases:
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - August 23, 2016
- Final Fantasy XV - September 30, 2016
- Rise of the Tomb Raider - Holiday 2016
- World of Final Fantasy - 2016
- Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue - 2016
- SaGa SCARLET GRAVE - 2016 (Japan)
So there will still be something for the Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy crowd to look forward to, just not the particular big something that either group wants the most. Here’s hoping 2017 proves to be an especially fruitful years for long-awaited sequels and remakes.
Did you see Captain America: Civil War? Want a chance to win a Hot Toys 1/6th scale Captain America figure from the movie? Head on over to the ComicBook.com Movie Database page and rate the movie to enter!