The Xbox 360/PlayStation 3 era brought us a number of great racing games, including some underappreciated gems that have become cult favorites. Among those was THQ's Baja: Edge of Control, a game featuring realistic dirt-racing physics, combined with fun environments to race across and challenging circuits to conquer.
Well, good news, you'll be able to conquer them all over again. THQ Nordic has announced that it will be bringing back Baja: Edge of Control in a special remastered version of the game, set to launch on September 14th for Xbox One and PlayStation 4. The game will feature "sharp 4K compatibility, a huge select of vehicles and new environments," and "4-player couch co-op" support, so you can race your friends like a pro.
The trailer for the game is above, and THQ Nordic provided details from what players can expect from the game below:
Baja: Edge of Control HD is the carefully remastered version of the original off-road racer from 2008 for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. This truly unique game contains more than 1,000 miles of the toughest terrain Mother Nature has to offer, including the steepest mountains, thickest mud and deepest canyons known to man.
Only the HD version features much crisper and more detailed visuals running at super smooth framerates in up to 4K screen resolution.
With countless sponsored vehicles in eight classes, including Trophy Trucks, 4x4s and buggies, Baja: Edge of Control HD features a full array of upgradeable options with hundreds of authentic parts that affect each vehicle's performance.
Players will put their off-road machines to the test in near-vertical Hill Climb challenges, head-to-head Open Class races, circuit races and the ultimate off-road endurance challenge: the Baja! Baja: Edge of Control HD contains more than 100 tracks across all landscapes in races that can last up to four hours.
The game's vehicle physics deliver authentic handling, and a support management system that allows gamers to monitor and repair realistic vehicle damage as fenders fly, tires are blown, suspension is stressed and engines overheat.
- 4 player split screen and online multiplayer
- Dozens of vehicles to choose from
- Monitor and repair vehicle damage via truck and helicopter teams
- Authentic vehicle physics respond to any bumps and ruts you drive over
- Numerous, authentic vehicle parts to help fine-tune the performance of your off-road machine
- More than 100 tracks, nine open worlds and 1000 miles of drive-to-horizon landscape
- Lots of different events, including Hill Climb, Baja Endurance Races, Closed Track Races and more
- Free roaming gameplay: drive as far as you want and find hidden tracks, jumps and more off-road madness
So there you have it! We'll see you on the dirt track!