A new Nintendo Switch Online update comes with all the usual "minor changes," but it also comes with a new feature. Those with a Nintendo Switch Online membership on Switch, Switch Lite, and Switch OLED will be happy to know that the new Nintendo Switch Online update -- Version 2.2.0 -- comes with a new feature involving friend codes. Unfortunately, it doesn't come with any new NES, SNES, N64, or Sega Genesis games.
If you haven't seen the patch notes for the update yet, the update adds the ability to send a friend request using your friend code. Meanwhile, you can now also copy your friend code as a URL and/or save it as a QR code.
Below, you can check out the the entire patch notes provided by Nintendo for the update:
- You can now send friend requests using your friend code. (Accepting a friend request requires a Nintendo Switch console.)
- You are now able to copy your friend code as a URL and/or save it as a QR code, which others can then use to send you friend requests.
- Other minor changes have also been implemented.
- System requirements have been updated to iOS 14.0
Typically, Switch Online updates do more than the patch notes convey, with these additional and secret changes usually being discovered later by dataminers. That said, right now, there's been no additional discoveries about this particular update, at least none of the salient variety. if this changes though, we will be sure to update the story with said changes and everything else you need to know.
For more coverage on all things Nintendo Switch and all things Nintendo in general -- including all of the latest news, rumors, leaks, and speculation -- click here or, alternatively, check out the relevant and recent links listed right below.
- Nintendo Warns Fans to "Immediately" Stop Using Old Hardware
- Popular Nintendo 3DS Game Reportedly Getting New Switch Remaster
- New Star Fox Game for Nintendo Switch Leaked by Insider
- Pokemon Scarlet and Violet Fan Theory Could Tease New Legendary Pokemon
New Free Nintendo Switch Online Games Come With a Huge Surprise