This weekend, the companies confirmed that it would be bringing a "director's cut" of the game to both PlayStation 4 and PC, set for release sometime this fall for North America, as well as other overseas market.
The shooter will have some new elements included with it, including a local two-player co-op mode, along with new mission stages that up the ante in challenge.
Here are the features coming to the game, as confirmed by the publisher:
- Extreme Graphics– Raiden V: Director's Cutfeatures full 1080P support to bring every explosion, missile attacks and boss kills to earth shattering realism on HDTV's and monitors.
- Tri View HUD– Raiden V: Director's Cutreaches new levels of frenetic and heart pounding action as real time game status changes, command center data and game play simultaneously and continuously update you on the action.
- Multiplayer– First time ever, local two-player cooperative play!
- Cheer Attack– A Powerful special attack for your secondary weapons – but only for a few seconds – don't miss your window!
- Fully Narrated Storyline– who's got time to read!
- New Ships– 3 Unique Ships with different strengths and weapons.
- Health Bars– Keep an eye on your ship's health if you want to make it to your final destination.
- PS4 Limited Edition– Exclusive 22* track separate music soundtrack CD.
The company also released a new announcement trailer below, which highlights many of these features in action, including the new ones that fans will want to check out. Of course, on PS4 and Steam, it'll have its fair share of Trophies and Achievements to unlock as well – especially if you're a "shmup" pro.
We'll have more details on this game leading into the months ahead, including a potential price point and a more specific release date. In the meantime, fans of the genre can celebrate the fact they're getting another great Raiden game. Let the bullet hell fly well into the night! (Or afternoon, if that's when you're playing.)