Alien Day happens each year on April 26 as 4/26 is an homage to moon LV-426 - the setting for the 1986 film Aliens. For the last three years, Reebok has partnered with the Alien franchise on a pair of limited edition sneakers to celebrate the holiday, and the Alien U.S.C.M. Bug Stomper will be the fourth and final pair of the partnership. It looks like they saved the best for last. If you want to know when and where you can order a pair, you've come to the right place.
First off, this year's sneaker design is inspired by the United States Colonial Marines (U.S.C.M.) and Aliens’ protagonist PFC William Hudson. It's absolutely loaded with details and Easter eggs for fans. Here's the official breakdown:
- Upper is designed with protective ballistic textile material
- Durable molded rubber window box replaces Reebok Union Jack with Weyland Yutani “W” logo
- Heel camouflage is an exact replication of the one-of-one camo pattern designed for the film’s U.S.C.M. fatigues
- “Eyes on Your Back” motif on right heel reflects graphic on back right shoulder of Hudson’s body armor
- Right ankle/heel webbing reads “We Endanger Species” from Bug Stomper logo
- Left and right sockliner feature “Death or Glory” skull and Weyland Yutani Corp logo with soldier number respectively
- Tactile molded neoprene booties feature replica U.S.S. Sulaco and U.S.C.M. Screaming Eagle patches
- Transparent hangtag replicates U.S.C.M. dog tags featured in the film
- Underside of right forefoot strap reads “Contents Under Pressure” as painted on back of Hudson’s body armor
- Unique QR code on the underside of the left forefoot strap provides exclusive access to the Alien Universe microsite featuring unreleased content from the forthcoming books “The Making of Aliens” by Titan (See on Amazon) and “Alien The Original Screenplay” by Dark Horse Comics (See on Amazon).
The Alien U.S.C.M. Bug Stomper will be available here at Reebok.com on April 26th at 12am ET (9pm PT April 25th) for $220 in very limited quantities. These sneakers sell out quickly each year, so you'll want to be there when they go live. In the meantime, you can take a closer look at the sneakers below, along with a pair of shirts that will be part of the Reebok Alien collection this year.
Note: If you purchase one of the awesome, independently chosen products featured here, we may earn a small commission from the retailer. Thank you for your support.