Takashi Miike's Audition isn't only one of the best movies of the '90s, but it's also one of the most unsettling Japanese horror movies of all time. The disturbing horror movie is getting a new Blu-ray with exciting special features, which will be hitting shelves in the US and Canada on February 12, 2019.
Arrow Video describes, "One of the most notorious J-horror films ever made, Takashi Miike’s Audition exploded onto the festival circuit at the turn of the century to a chorus of awards and praise. The film would catapult Miike to the international scene and pave the way for such other genre delights as Ichii the Killer and The Happiness of the Katakuris.
"Pulling the audience into a story that will lead to one of the most harrowing climaxes in cinema history, Miike twists and turns us through delirious editing and shocking visuals for one of the most depraved nightmares of all time!"
The disc's special features are as follows:
- Brand new 2K
restoriationof original vault elements. Original 5.1 Dolby Surround Audio
- Optional English subtitles
- Audio commentary with director Takashi Miike and screenwriter Daisuke Tengan
- Brand new commentary by Miike biographer Tom Mes examining the film and its source novel
- Introduction by Miike
- Ties that Bind – A brand new interview with Takashi Miike
- Interviews with stars Ryo Ishibashi, Eihi Shiina, Renji Ishibashi
- Damaged Romance: An appreciation by Japanese cinema historian Tony Rayns
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Matthew Griffin
- FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Illustrated collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by Anton Bitel
In the wake of Audition's successes, films like The Ring and The Grudge debuted in America, which
You can head to Arrow Video's website for more details.
Will you be adding the new Blu-ray release to your collection? Let us know in the comments below or hit up @TheWolfman on Twitter to talk all things horror and Star Wars!