Get Up Close And Personal With Jared Leto's Joker Tattoos
Several days ago, Warner Bros.' Suicide Squad was released on Digital HD, and for those of you [...]
Several days ago, Warner Bros.' Suicide Squad was released on Digital HD, and for those of you that purchased it on VUDU, one of the special features offers a closer look at many of the tattoos that cover The Joker's (portrayed by Oscar-winner Jared Leto) body from his head to his waist.
- His facial tattoos include "Damaged" placed on the center of his forehead, a lone "J"-teardrop on his left-cheekbone, and a lone star on his right temple.
- The upper right-side of his chest features an evil skull wearing a jester hat.
- The upper left-side of his chest features numerous "HA HA HA" tattoos, which is a nod to an iconic image from Alan Moore and Brian Bolland's The Killing Joke, and a separate tatoo featuring a four of kind, with the ace of spades on top and an "ALL IN" caption. Also, the suit's symbol has a skull inside of it.
- The smile tattoo on the back of his left hand.
- "HA HA HA" tattoos on his left forearm.
- The ink on his right bicep is of a knife puncturing Batman's bat symbol.
- Lastly, the arrow through the heart of a robin. A clear reference to The Joker murdering Jason Todd, The Dark Knight's loyal and courageous sidekick.
Check out side-by-side comparison images (via Batman-News) in the album below.
View post on imgur.com
It feels good to be bad… Assemble a team of the world's most dangerous, incarcerated Super Villains, provide them with the most powerful arsenal at the government's disposal, and send them off on a mission to defeat an enigmatic, insuperable entity. U.S. intelligence officer Amanda Waller has determined only a secretly convened group of disparate, despicable individuals with next to nothing to lose will do. However, once they realize they weren't picked to succeed but chosen for their patent culpability when they inevitably fail, will the Suicide Squad resolve to die trying, or decide it's every man for himself?
Written and directed by David Ayer based on the characters from DC Comics, the film stars Will Smith (Ali), Jared Leto (Dallas Buyers Club), Margot Robbie (The Wolf of Wall Street), Joel Kinnaman (RoboCop) and Viola Davis (The Help). The cast also includes Jai Courtney (Insurgent), Jay Hernandez (Takers), Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje (Thor: The Dark World), Ike Barinholtz (Neighbors), Scott Eastwood (Fury), Cara Delevingne (Paper Towns), Adam Beach (Cowboys & Aliens), and Karen Fukuhara in her feature film debut. It is produced by Charles Roven and Richard Suckle, with Zack Snyder, Deborah Snyder, Colin Wilson and Geoff Johns serving as executive producers.
Suicide Squad: The Extended Cut is now available on Digital HD and wil be released on Blu-ray (4K and 3D) on December 13.0comments