Yesterday, EA and Respawn Entertainment finally unveiled Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order's gameplay at EA Play via a healthy slab of 13 minutes of demo footage. Fast-forward a day later, and it revealed another look at the PS4, Xbox One, and PC game on Microsoft's E3 2019 stage.
Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, is a third-person action-adventure game that features zero microtransactions, no season pass, and not multiplayer. It's strictly a single-player, narrative-driven Star Wars game. In it you play as Cal Kestis, who is a young Jedi Padawan who has narrowly escaped the purge of Order 66 following the events of Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith. In the game, Cal is on the run and trying to help rebuild the Jedi Order.
"Pick up the pieces of your shattered past to complete your training, develop new powerful Force abilities and master the art of the iconic lightsaber - all while staying one step ahead of the Empire and its deadly Inquisitors," adds an official story synopsis.
For more news, media, and information on the upcoming game, be sure to peep all of our previous and extensive coverage of it by clicking right here. Meanwhile, in case you missed EA Play yesterday, here's everything we learned about the game:0comments
- Forest Whitaker's Rogue One character, Saw Gerrara is in the game.
- Some of Cal Kestis', the game's protagonist, powers were revealed.
- Watto may be in the game. At the moment, Respawn is declining to confirm or deny the character's appearance.
- The game takes inspiration from the likes of Dark Souls and Metroid Prime. The former in terms of combat design and the latter in terms of level design.
- New details suggest the game may be somewhat lengthy.
- Players can't choose between the dark and light side. There are no choices at all. Cal Kestis is a pre-defined character.
As always, feel free to leave a comment letting us know what you think or hit me up on Twitter @Tyler_Fischer_ to talk all things Star Wars.
Note: This is not a sponsored post, but if you purchase one of the awesome products featured above, we may earn a small commission from the retailer. Thank you for your support.