Sega is bringing remastered versions of Yakuza 3, 4, and 5 to North America, delivering the games in 1080p (60fps) for the PlayStation 4. In addition to the remaster, the English scripts for the game have been revised, and content that was previously cut has been re-added. This includes content like shogi, mahjong, and the massage parlor.
The games will be available digitally starting with Yakuza 3 now and ending with Yakuza 5 in February. However, you might want to reserve the physical Yakuza Remastered Collection - Day 1 Edition while you have the chance. At the time of writing, it's available to pre-order right here on Amazon for $59.99 with shipping slated for February 11th. It's a guaranteed sell out, so jump on it while you can (you won't be charged until it ships). The set includes the following:
Inside the Day 1 Edtion you'll find Yakuza 3, Yakuza 4, and Yakuza 5 on two disks in a red collectible case emblazoned with Kiryu’s dragon tattoo. It also includes a PlayStation 3-style case for Yakuza 5, which was only available digitally in the past. That means collectors will be able to "fill the gap in their library". The full list of features is available below.
- The Yakuza remastered collection is Far from a typical Console generation port. In addition to graphical and performance upgrades (720p> 1080p at 30> 60FPS), all three games have gone through a rigorous re-localization process.
- The English scripts for each game have been reviewed, revised, and even rewritten in some Cases, and content previously cut from the Western releases of Yakuza 3, 4, and 5 have been re-added in the Yakuza remastered collection.
- The Yakuza remastered collection brings the final missing chapters in kiryu's story to the PlayStation 4. From Yakuza 0 to Yakuza 6: the song of life, players can now experience the full story of the Dragon of Dojima, all on a single platform.
- Missing content from the original Western releases has been re-added to the remastered versions, and the full English scripts have been reviewed, revised, and had portions rewritten for accuracy alongside the original Japanese releases.
- Day One Edition contains Yakuza 3, Yakuza 4, & Yakuza 5 on two disks in a striking red collectible case, Emblazoned with kiryu's trademark Dragon tattoo. While supplies last.
Note: This is not a sponsored post, but if you purchase one of the awesome products featured above, we may earn a small commission from the retailer. Thank you for your support.
Did you know ComicBook.com has a Pokemon podcast? That's right folks, A Wild Podcast Has Appeared is available every Thursday bringing you the best breakdowns of the week's biggest news from Jim Viscardi, Megan Peters & Christian Hoffer. Catch the newest episode right here or subscribe on iTunes today!
Disclosure: ComicBook is owned by CBS Interactive, a division of ViacomCBS.