A small-scale patch for Absolver has been released that includes matchmaking improvements as well as various bugfixes.
Many of the problems that were listed in the patch notes as areas being looked at were already known issues for a while now, so Absolver players will be happy to see that they're being addressed. In addition to gameplay issues, friends across different regions will also now be able to invite friends from other areas into their games.
Below are the brief patch notes that Sloclap posted recently through Absolver's Steam page:
- Various improvements to server connection and matchmaking
- Added double save to avoid complete progression loss if a save get corrupted
- Bug fixes when joining a school
- Fixed bug where Achievements wouldn't be unlocked on Steam and PS4.
- Beat an AI to unlock your due achievements, there could be a small delay before the achievement pops :)
- Cross-region invitations added
- Fixed Boss progression not being updated (For now, this fix only works for bosses, we're still working on fixing the Marked Ones progression issue. We apologize about this issue and are still investigating.)
- Improved overall stability
Since the patch was released a few days ago, players are still reporting issues with lag as well as problems when it comes to verifying game files despite the first section of the patch notes detailing improvements to matchmaking and connections. Some seem to be having no issues with the lag after the patch, but with the experience apparently not yet uniform for all players, there's still more work to be done.
Next week will see Absolver patch 1.06 with a few more improvements based on feedback from 1.05 as well as some new items for Prospects.— Absolver (@Absolver) September 8, 2017
With the patch currently live on the PC version, those on the PlayStation 4 will be able to receive the patch whenever it's cleared during the testing phase. In addition to this recent patch, another update is scheduled to come sometime next week that'll bring more improvements and bugfixes as well as "some new goodies," according to the game's Steam and Twitter page.
Absolver is currently available for the PlayStation 4 and PC.