It looks like many fan-favorite titles for PS4 and PS Vita are about to be removed from the PlayStation Store, meaning that gamers will no longer be able to purchase many Danganronpa games from the digital storefront. A new announcement from NIS America revealed the abrupt departure of these Danganronpa games, meaning they will no longer be available to buy on the PSN — but if you already have them or plan on getting them, they can still be accessed on the PlayStation 4 or the PlayStation Vita.
At the moment of publishing, it's not specified whether or not these games will return to the PlayStation storefront with a different publisher, but many are assuming they will return to sale via Spike Chunsoft, the developer of the titles, and the publisher of them on other platforms. In other words, Spike Chunsoft will likely take over the domestic publishing rights, and once they are removed from sale from NIS America, put them back up on the store under their own banner.
That said, for now, this hasn't been confirmed. What NIS America does provide information about is when all five games will be removed from the PlayStation Store. You can find this information, below:
- Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girl (PS Vita) -- 08/31/2020
- Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (PS Vita) -- 09/4/2020
- Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair (PS Vita) -- 09/4/2020
- Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony (PS Vita) -- 09/25/2020
- Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony (PS4™) -- 09/25/2020
While Danganronpa is a niche series, it does have a notable cult following. And within the visual novel genre, it doesn't really get any bigger than Danganronpa. Thus, it's hard to imagine this situation not being remedied quickly and in a way that's satisfactory to fans, but for now, all we can do is wait and see.
Update: Select Danganronpa titles will soon no longer be available for purchase on PSN through NIS America. Please read our blog for more information: (https://t.co/8khO8NDGbg) #Danganronpa pic.twitter.com/BV2nALVpJN— NISAmerica (@NISAmerica) July 16, 2020
For more news, rumors, leaks, and every other type of coverage on all things PlayStation 4 gaming click here or check out the relevant links below:
- 10 PS4 Exclusives That Don't Need Sequels on PS5
- Former Nintendo 64 Exclusive Coming to PS4
- PlayStation Makes One of PS4's Best Games $3 for a Limited Time
- Marvel's Spider-Man PS4 Players Discover Rare Traversal Feature
- PlayStation Now Adds 3 New Games for July
Disclosure: ComicBook is owned by CBS Interactive, a division of ViacomCBS.