A new Rocket League update is live on Nintendo Switch, PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series S, and Xbox Series X, and it "prepares" the game for the upcoming Formula 1 and NASCAR content coming to the game this month. Dubbed v1.96, the update also makes some changes to the game, and of course, fixes some bugs as well.
In regards to the former, Salty Shores (Night) has been added to the rotation in all playlists, while Wasteland and Farmstead will now appear less frequently in some playlists, though which specifically, isn't divulged. Lastly, Neon Fields and Forbidden Temple (Day) have been removed from the game until "additional revisions" are made.
For those trading items, it will now also be clearer which items can and can not be traded to other players while on the trade-in page.
Below, you can check out the update's entire patch notes, courtesy of Psyonix and Epic Games:
- Version: Rocket League v1.96
- Platforms: Epic Games Store, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Steam, Switch, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S
- Scheduled Release: 5/4/2021, 4 p.m. PDT / 11 p.m.UTC
- This update prepares Rocket League for upcoming NASCAR and Formula 1 content
Changes and Updates:
- Arena Rotation Adjustments
- Salty Shores (Night) added to the rotation in all Playlists
- Reduced frequency of some arenas in the rotation (Wasteland, Farmstead)
- Neon Fields and Forbidden Temple (Day) have been removed from rotation until additional revisions can be made
- Made it clearer which items cannot be traded to other players while on the Trade In page
- Fixed an EOS cloud sync error that was preventing some players from accessing item inventory
- Fixed a bug causing players to join the incorrect Private Match
- Fixed the “Add Players” pop-up that was appearing far more frequently than intended
- Fixed appearance of Anispray Rocket Boost
- Friends List appearance will now scale correctly with the rest of the user interface