The Spider-Man pointing at Spider-Man meme has been going strong for years thanks to the fact that making unflattering comparisons and pointing out hypocrisy is consistently funny. With all of the other Marvel Funko Pops out there, it seems like figures based on the popular Spider-Man pointing meme were long overdue. Well, the wait is over!
The meme originated with an episode of the 1967 ABC Spider-Man cartoon entitled "Double Identity", which involved a criminal named Charles Cameo impersonating Spider-Man in order to steal art. Funko could have gone with a Moment Pop figure to depict the scene from the meme, but they wisely chose to run it as a 2-pack with a background insert, which makes it more versatile. Spider-Man points at Spider-Man! Spider-Man points at you! Spider-Man points at your dog! The possibilities are endless.
We are unreasonably excited about this Pop figure release. If you are too, pre-orders are live here at Entertainment Earth for $24.99. It's a limited edition and Entertainment Earth has the exclusive on this one, so reserve it while you can.
In other Funko news, if you missed out on Funko's Funkoween in May Pop figure event last week, a roundup of the best waves can be found below:
- Funko Halloween Pop Figure Advent Calendar Launches for Funkoween in May Event
- Funko's Child's Play 10-Inch Chucky Pop Figure is Live
- Funko Launches Zombieland Pop Figures for Funkoween
- Funko Releases New Edward Scissorhands Pop Figures for Funkoween
- Funko Launches Halloween Monster Minions Pop Figures for Funkoween
- Funko Adds Corpse Bride Emily and Victor With Scraps Pops for Funkoween
- Disney and Funko Launch Spooky Mickey and Witchy Minnie Pops for Funkoween
- New The Haunted Mansion Disney Funko Pop Figures Are up for Pre-Order
- Disney and Funko Launch a Supermassive The Nightmare Before Christmas Pop Figure Wave for Funkoween
- Funko's Hocus Pocus Flying Sanderson Sisters Disney Pops Launch for Funkoween
- Funko's New Beetlejuice Pops Continue Their Tim Burton Funkoween Love Fest
- Funko Adds New Stephen King Pops Featuring Molly the Corgi of Evil
Finally, Entertainment Earth is also in the midst of a massive buy one, get one 50% off Funko Pop event. It's one of the biggest Funko Pop sales of the year, and you can learn all about it right here.
Note: If you purchase one of the awesome, independently chosen products featured here, we may earn a small commission from the retailer. Thank you for your support.
Disclosure: ComicBook is owned by CBS Interactive, a division of ViacomCBS.