While some people like to head to the beach for the summer, others prefer to stay indoors and soak up the air conditioning, with SYFY serving up some of their best shark-themed programs later this summer to rival the famous Shark Week that is a staple of every summer on the Discovery Channel. As you would imagine, the network is delivering repeat broadcasts of their famous Sharknado franchise, in addition to a number of other shark-themed monster movies. This means that you can start the next month with educational insight into the exciting creatures and close the month with the complete opposite end of the spectrum.
The full slate of programming is as follows:
Saturday, August 22nd
- 8:30 a.m. ET – Last Sharknado: It's About Time
- 10:30 a.m. ET – Sharknado 5: Global Swarming
- 12:30 p.m. ET – Sharknado: The 4th Awakens
- 2:30 p.m. ET – Sharknado 3: Oh Hell No!
- 4:30 p.m. ET – Sharknado: The Second One
- 6:30 p.m. ET – Sharknado
Sunday, August 23rd
- 9 a.m. ET – 5-Headed Shark Attack
- 11 a.m. ET – 6-Headed Shark Attack
- 1 p.m. ET – Sharknado: The Second One
- 3 p.m. ET – Sharknado
Monday, August 24th
- 7 a.m. ET – Dinoshark
- 9 a.m. ET – Planet of the Sharks
- 11 a.m. ET – Jersey Shore Shark Attack
- 1 p.m. ET – Dam Sharks!
- 3 p.m. ET – Megalodon
Tuesday, August 25th
- 7 a.m. ET – Frenzy
- 9 a.m. ET – Ice Sharks
- 11 a.m. ET – Mississippi River Shark
- 1 p.m. ET – Zombie Shark
- 3 p.m. ET – Zombie Tidal Wave
Wednesday, August 26th
- 7 a.m. ET – Toxic Shark
- 9 a.m. ET – Nightmare Shark
- 11 a.m. ET – Empire of the Sharks
- 1 p.m. ET – Deep Blue Sea 2
Thursday, August 27th
- 7 a.m. ET – Roboshark
- 9 a.m. ET – Sharktopus
- 11 a.m. ET – Sharktopus vs. Pteracuda
- 1 p.m. ET – Sharktopus vs. Whalewolf
Friday, August 28th
- 7:30 a.m. ET – Trailer Park Shark
- 9:30 a.m. ET – Ozark Sharks
- 11:30 a.m. ET – Ghost Shark
- 1:30 p.m. ET – Atomic Shark
The first Sharknado debuted back in 2013 and, thanks to the prominence of social media, saw audiences unite online to share their thoughts about the absurd experience. The film became such a viral hit that it earned five sequels, depicting a number of crazy adventures featuring a tornado that was so powerful it could suck sharks up out of the ocean.
Tune in to SYFY's Shark Week starting on Saturday, August 23rd.
Will you be watching the shark movies? Let us know in the comments below or contact Patrick Cavanaugh directly on Twitter to talk all things Star Wars and horror!
Disclosure: ComicBook is owned by CBS Interactive, a division of ViacomCBS.