Sami Zayn officially became the undisputed Intercontinental Champion on Sunday, and he did it by winning a triple threat ladder match in brilliant fashion. Late in the bout, Zayn pulled out two sets of handcuffs, one of which he used to cuff Jeff Hardy's earlobe to a ladder on the entrance ramp. He then slid back into the ring and tried to lock AJ Styles to one of the ropes, but Styles fought him off with a suplex.
But what he didn't realize was Zayn had cuffed himself to Styles when he wasn't looking. Hardy got back in the ring while the ladder was still stuck to his head, and Zayn used that distraction to unlock his cuff and lock Styles' wrist to the ladder itself. He then easily climbed the ladder to retrieve both belts.
Hardy took the hardest bumps of the match, first when Zayn flipped the ladder he was on out of the ring and then when he nailed a Swanton Bomb off the top of the ladder on Zayn (who was on a ladder bridged from the ring to the commentary table).
Check out the full card for the show below:
- WWE Championship: Drew McIntyre vs. Randy Orton (Ambulance Match)
- WWE Universal Championship: Roman Reigns vs. Jey Uso
- SmackDown Women's Championship: Bayley vs. TBA
- Raw Tag Team Championships: The Street Profits vs. Andrade & Angel Garza
- United States Championship: Bobby Lashley vs. Apollo Crews
- Raw Women's Championship: Asuka vs. Zelina Vega
- Intercontinental Championship: Sami Zayn def. Jeff Hardy and AJ Styles (Ladder Match)
- SmackDown Tag Team Championships: Shinsuke Nakamura & Cesaro def. Lucha House Party