News broke last week that, due to illness, The Miz was unable to defend the SmackDown Tag Team Championships alongside John Morrison during the WrestleMania 36 tapings at the WWE Performance Center. WWE confirmed on Saturday that, instead of having Morrison find a new partner for the triple threat ladder match against The Usos and The New Day, he'll simply fight Kofi Kingston and Jimmy Uso in a triple threat for both of the titles.
Miz joins a long list of wrestlers who were, for one reason or another, unable to take part in this year's WrestleMania. That list includes Roman Reigns, Rey Mysterio, Dana Brooke and United States Champion Andrade.
.@TheRealMorrison will put the #SmackDown #TagTeamTitles on the line all by himself when he battles Jimmy @WWEUsos & @TrueKofi in a #TripleThreat #LadderMatch at #WrestleMania, as announced on @WWETheBump! https://t.co/ybumxvdoCg pic.twitter.com/m2u2WObJTe— WWE (@WWE) April 4, 2020
Here's the updated official card for WrestleMania 36. The event will air on the WWE Network on both Saturday and Sunday night beginning at 7 p.m. ET.
- WWE Championship: Brock Lesnar vs. Drew McIntyre
- WWE Universal Championship: Goldberg vs. Braun Strowman
- Firefly Fun House Match: John Cena vs. "The Fiend" Bray Wyatt
- Boneyard Match: The Undertaker vs. AJ Styles
- NXT Women's Championship: Rhea Ripley vs. Charlotte Flair
- Raw Women's Championship: Becky Lynch vs. Shayna Baszler
- Last Man Standing: Edge vs. Randy Orton
- SmackDown Tag Team Championships: John Morrison vs. Jimmy Uso vs. Kofi Kingston (Ladder Match)
- Raw Tag Team Championships: The Street Profits vs. Angel Garza and Austin Theory
- Intercontinental Championship: Sami Zayn vs. Daniel Bryan
- SmackDown Women's Championship: Bayley vs. Lacey Evans vs. Sasha Banks vs. Naomi vs. Tamina Snuka
- Women's Tag Team Championships: The Kabuki Warriors vs. Alexa Bliss and Nikki Cross
- Kevin Owens vs. Seth Rollins
- Otis vs. Dolph Ziggler
- Elias vs. King Baron Corbin
- Aleister Black vs. Bobby Lashley
- Liv Morgan vs. Natalya (Kickoff Show)
- Drew Gulak vs. Cesaro (Kickoff Show)
Disclosure: ComicBook is owned by CBS Interactive, a division of ViacomCBS.