Monolith Productions has just released a new video showcasing the newly added Online Fight Pit feature to the popular Middle-Earth: Shadow of War title. The latest fighting feature came with the newest update, seen here, and allows players to put their best Orc forward.
The Online Fight Pit is a free-to-download in-game activity that allows players to engage in brutal combat all in the name of glory. You can fight against enemies that represent other players, fight their armies, and completely dominate the world within Shadow of War.
The gladiator style opposition adds another layer of immersion for the game, giving players an opportunity to earn more loot and conquer more than just the storyline. The video above showcases a few of the fighters that players can use, and it gives a first hand look at how the pits are designed.
"In the epic sequel to the award-winning Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor, go behind enemy lines to forge an army, conquer Fortresses and dominate Mordor from within. Experience how the award winning Nemesis System creates unique personal stories with every enemy and follower, and confront the full power of the Dark Lord Sauron and his Ringwraiths in this epic new story of Middle-earth."
Shadow of War is available now for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC. For more from the latest update:
Free Content Update and Features (Included in the patch)
- Online Fight Pits: The Online Fight Pits allows players to train up their Orc followers by pitting them against Uruks and Ologs from other gamers’ armies around the world. Through this ultimate fight to the death in the arena, players can earn powerful rewards and upgrades that can be used to improve their army and continue the battle for Mordor.
- Improved Fight Pit pacing: Shortened fight timer and increased damage dealt.
- Starting a Nemesis Mission will now reset the cooldown for summoning beasts and bodyguards.
- Fixed an issue where player gear and buffs were affecting Fight Pit participants.
- Fixed issues where players’ Overlords could disappear from the Army screen after losing a fortress.
- Fixed issues where an Orc who cheated death after a Pit Fight loss could fail to re-enter the Army screen.
- Fixed an issue where loading into an Online Vendetta could result in becoming stuck on a black screen.
- Fixed a long load time issue when selecting “Leave Mission” during an Online Vendetta or Online
- Fixed issues with incorrect Orc traits being shown in the Online Conquests preview menu.
- Fixed an incorrect error message when replacing a daily challenge.
- Fixed a campaign audio issue when accessing the first Shadow of the Past Mission.