Only a few more months to go before we can dive right into the adventures that await in Ni No Kuni 2: Revenant Kingdom! To celebrate the upcoming release, Bandai Namco recently just dropped a full 25 minutes of developer-led gameplay to give anticipating fans a look at what's to come, including how the latest title handles a more traditionally styled RPG experience.
The video, seen above, also shows off the RTS-pushed skirmishes, while also walking us through parts of the gameplay that really makes that JRPG love shine through. The footage runs about 25 minutes and also takes the player deep into the dungeons to explore, while also showing off other quaint little areas the game offers.
It will be interesting to see the two modes seen above in action and how seamless they integrate. With such a story-driven game, it will be worth noting how the developing team handled the more mechanical side without sacrificing the more integral story elements. For now, Ni No Kuni 2: Revenant Kingdom drops on March 23rd of this year for PlayStation 4 and PC.
More about the game:
"Welcome to the beautiful world of Ni no Kuni! After being overthrown in a coup, the young king Evan sets out on an extraordinary quest to found a new kingdom, unite his world and protect its inhabitants from the dark forces that threaten them.
Join him on an unforgettable adventure which blurs the line between animated feature film and video game. Developed by LEVEL-5, Ni no Kuni II features enchanting character designs from the legendary artist Yoshiyuki Momose and a stirring soundtrack composed by the world-famous Joe Hisaishi."
- All-Star Production - LEVEL-5's mastery of the RPG genre is combined with music composed by the renowned Joe Hisaishi and character designs by animation artist Yoshiyuki Momose
- Captivating Story - A charming and tragic tale unfolds as Evan, a boy prince learns how to become a leader and build a kingdom
- Role Playing Mastery - New and traditional RPG elements expertly crafted and designed featuring dozens of locations to explore, hundreds of creatures to battle and a wealth of quests and secrets to uncover throughout the sweeping journey
- Another World - Stunning visuals recreate the world of Ni no Kuni and immerses players into an incredibly vibrant, animated land filled with a new cast of delightful characters to meet
- Dynamic Fights - Battle against fierce foes utilizing an exciting real-time battle system