You've probably heard arguments that compare buying the official NES and SNES Classic systems to building your own system with a Raspberry Pi. While the official versions are, for most people, a more convenient plug and play experience, there is definitely something to be said for the incredible versatility of the Raspberry Pi setup. If you enjoy tinkering, and have thought about getting into Raspberry Pi before, now would be a good time to give it a go.
For a limited time you can get a Raspberry Pi 3 kit that has just about everything you need to get started (including a retro-style case) for $66 on Amazon when you use the promo code 45YOCHIQ at checkout. The full list of features includes:
• Includes Official Raspberry Pi 3 (RPi 3) Model B Quad-Core 1.2 GHz 1 GB RAM--Features On-board WiFi and Bluetooth Connectivity [Latest Broadcom BCM2837 Chip]
• Includes Samsung 32 GB Evo Plus (Class 10) Micro SD Card Preloaded With NOOBS & RetroPie With MicroSD -USB ADAPTER (can be used to Re-Write the SD Card if desired)
• Includes UL Listed 2.5 Amp USB Power Supply with Micro USB Cable and Noise Filter - Designed for the Raspberry Pi 3--Includes Retro Gaming Style Case With Easy Access to all Ports
• Includes High Quality 5 FT CEC Compatible HDMI Cable--Set of 2 Heatsink--Vilros Raspberry Pi Quick Start Guide
• This kit is fully guaranteed for 1 year with our 5 Star US based Customer Support
The only thing missing are controllers, but you have loads of options to choose from on that front.
If building a retro system isn't your thing, but you still want the option of playing more than a small selection of pre-loaded games, you might want to check out these SNES Classic alternatives.
Note: If you purchase one of the awesome products featured above, we may earn a small commission from the retailer. Thank you for your support.0comments