Judd Nelson will return to the world of Transformers to reprise his role as Hot Rod more than 30 years after the release of Transformers: The Movie, in Titans Return, a new streaming series from Machinima which will also feature performances by Jason David Frank and Wil Wheaton, among others.
Hasbro and Machinima, the premiere digital video programmer of gamer and fandom-focused content, announced the launch of the second chapter of digital series, Titans Return. The companies have confirmed that Peter Cullen, who originated the voice of Optimus Prime in the 1980s animated Transformers series, will be making his Prime Wars Trilogy debut in the upcoming installment as the voice of Optimus Prime. Cullen will be joined by a host of fan favorites including Judd Nelson, who is reprising his roles of Rodimus Prime and Hot Rod from the 1986 animated Transformers movie, Michael Dorn as Fortress Maximus, Wil Wheaton as Perceptor, Nolan North as Metroplex and Jason David Frank as Emissary.
They are joined by returning talent from Combiner Wars, including Abby Trott (Windblade), Jason Marnocha (Megatron), Frank Todaro (Starscream), Lana McKissack (Mistress of Flame), and DashieGames (Menasor), as well as a new set of influencers like MatPat (Computron), Rob Dyke (Devastator) and Tay Zonday (Chorus of the Primes).
Titans Return continues the worldwide interest in Transformers: Combiner Wars. Since launching the trilogy's first installment of the digital series in August 2016, Transformers: Combiner Wars, has garnered more than 125 million global views on across a variety of digital platforms. Titans Return debuts this November on go90 worldwide - except in China, where it airs on Sohu.com. The series features 10 episodes at approximately 11 minutes per episode.
Picking up right where the destruction of the Combiner Wars left off, Titans Return takes the action of the Prime Wars Trilogy to new 'heights,' and features return appearances from many fan-favorite Transformers characters as well as introduces new Autobots and Decepticons. In the series, enormous Transformers called Titans are awakened and these massive characters bring massive problems. Trypticon, a gigantic lizard-like Transformer, rises to wreak havoc on Cybertron, while Windblade and a rag-tag team of Transformers must resurrect an ancient ally. Not all Transformers will survive, as beloved heroes are changed forever while others' sparks are blown to oblivion. Like Combiner Wars, sophisticated storytelling reveals more than meets the eye for older audiences and kids of all ages when a sinister secret is discovered.
Titans Return is being overseen by Executive Producer and showrunner FJ DeSanto.
- Peter Cullen (OPTIMUS PRIME): The original Optimus Prime from the Transformers animated television series.
- Judd Nelson (RODIMUS PRIME / HOT ROD): The famed actor from The Breakfast Club and St. Elmo's Fire reprising roles from the 1986 animated Transformers movie.
- Michael Dorn (FORTRESS MAXIMUX): Starred in Star Trek: The Next Generation and Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
- Wil Wheaton (PERCEPTOR): Star of Big Bang Theory and Star Trek: The Next Generation.
- Jason David Frank (EMISSARY): Original Green Ranger from the Power Rangers TV series.
- Nolan North (METROPLEX): Iconic voice actor featured in Uncharted, Halo, and Assassins Creed video games.
- MatPat (COMPUTRON): YouTube influencer and creator of the web series Game Theorist, Film Theorist, GT Live and MatPat's Game Lab.
- DashieGames (MENASOR): Popular YouTube gamer with more than 6 million subscribers.
- Rob Dyke (DEVASTATOR): YouTube influencer best known for Seriously Strange.
- Tay Zonday (CHORUS OF THE PRIMES): Viral and award winning YouTube sensation known for his 'Chocolate Rain' video
- Abby Trott (WINDBLADE): Voice over actress with credits including video games Halo Wars 2 and Killer Instinct
- Lana McKissack (MISTRESS OF FLAME): An actor and YouTube vlogger
- Frank Todaro (STARSCREAM): Voice over actor with credits including video game franchise LittleBigPlanet
- Jason Marnocha (MEGATRON) Actor from Bat In the Sun's popular YouTube series Super Power Beat Down