WWE Superstar Dana Brooke and Guardians of the Galaxy star Dave Bautista (aka Batista from his WWE days) began a flirtation on social media back in late 2019 after fans started pitching the idea of the two going on a date. The idea eventually made its way to WWE's The Bump (and Brooke even made a subtle nod to it on SmackDown), but in the months that followed news of the two being in any sort of relationship never really popped up. Brooke was recently interviewed by Forbes where she gave an update on the situation, saying that while they are not dating they remain good friends.
"We went out, we were great, great, great friends, we've been to the Meat Market down in Tampa, we go to [Edison], also in Tampa, so we kept in great contact," Brooke said. "There's always been interest between Dave and I as far as friendships and everything. We share a lot in common as far as being in the business and outside, and being very passionate about giving back and charity work as well. It's just with my schedule being so so busy, and Dave doing a lot of movies, our times are very limited. But we still communicate, we still talk on a regular basis, my boyfriend now [Uly Diaz] and him also have a lot in common as far as the fight game goes."
Brooke jumped over to the Monday Night Raw roster just before the 2020 WWE Draft and is currently in a tag team with Mandy Rose. The two will compete as part of Team Raw in the upcoming Women's Survivor Series elimination tag match at the Nov. 22 Survivor Series pay-per-view.
Check out the full card for the show (so far) below:
- WWE Champion Randy Orton vs. WWE Universal Champion Roman Reigns
- Raw Women's Champion Asuka vs. SmackDown Women's Champion Sasha Banks
- United States Champion Bobby Lashley vs. Intercontinental Champion Sami Zayn
- Raw Tag Team Champions The New Day vs. SmackDown Tag Team Champions The Street Profits
- Men's Survivor Series Elimination Tag Match: Team Raw (Keith Lee, AJ Styles, Sheamus, Braun Strowman, TBD) vs. Team SmackDown (Kevin Owens, Jey Uso, King Corbin, Seth Rollins, TBD)
- Women's Survivor Series Elimination Tag Match (Nia Jax, Shayna Baszler, Mandy Rose, Dana Brooke, Lana) vs. Team SmackDow (Bianca Belair, Ruby Riott, TBD)
- The Undertaker's "Final Farewell" appearance