Mobile game developer YesGnome has partnered with Cartoon Network, and this morning they finally lifted the veil on Champions and Challengers - Adventure Time! This is a brand new tactical RPG and battle game featuring fan favorite characters, abilities, and locales from the hit show. The game is available right freaking now on iOS and Android, and you can check out the mathematical new reveal trailer above!
The premise is simple but, as you'd expect from Adventure Time, utterly bizarre. The dastardly Dice Lord has kidnapped all of your favorite inhabitants from the land of Ooo, and it's up to you to take them back by force! Acquire characters, level them up, upgrade them with sick new abilities, and then unleash them on the field of battle to overcome the Dice Lord. There are over 70 characters to collect, so there's plenty here to keep hardcore Adventure Time fans busy for a long time.
"Adventure Time fans will have a great time engaging in epic, turn-based RPG battles as they take on the Dice Lord to save Finn and his friends," said Sridhar Muppidi, CEO of YesGnome. "We've enjoyed working with our partners at Cartoon Network to infuse Champions and Challengers gameplay with Adventure Time's signature charm and humor, as it's a great fit and offers tons of fun."
- Collect over 70 Champions: Play as heroes and villains from the Adventure Time Multiverse, including Finn, Jake, Princess Bubblegum, BMO, Fionna, Cake and many more!
- Real-time Tactical Battles: Command your team in epic battles using intuitive gesture controls
- Fight through 12 Episodes: Complete over 120 battles—then take them on again in hard mode for extra rewards!
- Turn-based RPG Combat: Develop a winning strategy to crush opponents by summoning attacks—and bust out special Tricks and Artifacts for bonus damage!
- Compete and Cooperate: Battle other players to rise up the leaderboard in the PvP Arena and participate in live events
Build the Ultimate Team: Assemble a squad of champions and challengers; each champion has a unique set of powerful attacks and players can combine character abilities to smash enemies
Check it out now, and let us know what you think!