The Saw chapter for the popular horror survival game Dead by Daylight was officially revealed earlier this week, and now we're getting an even closer look at what's in store with a new spotlight video! Sit down, relax, and watch a man get his face ripped clean off ... it's just that kind of a Tuesday.
The latest video is meant to shed some light (a spotlight, if you will) on what exactly brings The Pig into the game. We also get a closer look at the new Survivor; David Tap. New Killer, New Survivor. Warning for gore in the video above, but lets learn more about what's on the way for the gruesome title.
Meet the Survivor
Meet David Tapp
"I am not a stranger to law enforcement professionals. I have learned to…spot them. To recognize their posture and sway. Now, one seems to inhabit this, my new home. He looks worn down, but just like me, he refuses to simply lay down and await the coming pain and death. The struggle is the only thing that keeps him sane – something to focus on. Just as you can recognize the hardship of a law enforcer, many times you can also spot a man that has experienced what others never come near. Beatings and violence, determination. Maybe this new man seeks justice? Maybe he still carries a badge? Whatever might he be looking for here, at this place that lacks justice or an end?"prevnext
David Tapp's Perks
- There is nothing stopping you. Your ferocious tenacity in dire situations allows you to crawl faster and recover at the same time.
- Detective's Hunch
- Unlocks potential in one's Aura reading ability. When completing a Generator, Auras of Generators, Chests and Totems within range are revealed to you for 3 seconds. If you are holding a Map that can track objectives, objectives revealed by Detective's Hunch are added to the map.
- Stake Out
- Getting close to the Killer fills you with determination. When standing within the Killer Terror Radius for some time and not in a Chase, you gain a Token up to a maximum. When Stake Out has at least 1 Token, Good Skill Checks are considered Great Skill Checks and consume 1 Token.
Meet the Killer
Meet The Pig
"At first I actually believed that it was a pig that slept in front of me on the ground. An animal that somehow had eluded the banalities of my old life and managed to end up at this forsaken and forgotten place. But then it rose, from crouch to standing, with its lifeless eyes nailed to my person. I ran, as I have so brutally learnt to do. My curiosity halted my escape after a few feet and I hid in a cabinet. The Pig moved like a predator – and I saw: a human body wearing a pig's head as ornament. It walked by the cabinet and its snout was just a few inches away from me. I held my breath, aching for freedom. A sudden sound caught the pig's attention and it walked away. But not without giving me a last, final glance, as if it wanted to inform me that I was given a second chance. I will not get a third."prevnext
The Pig's Perks
- Hangman's Trick
- Your ingenious modifications to Hooks prevent tampering and permanent damage. Hooks destroyed by sabotage or sacrifices repair after a short moment. Gain a notification when someone starts Sabotaging the Hooks.
- Unlocks potential in one's Aura reading ability. The last regressing generators' Auras are revealed to you.
- Make Your Choice
- When a Survivor rescues another from a hook at least 24 meters away from the Killer, Make your Choice triggers and confronts the Survivor with a Skill Check. A failed Skill Check damages the rescuer.
A new map has also been added, which is showcased heavily in the video at the top of this article. For more about the Gideon Meat Plant:
"I sought refuge the other day, from yet another creature. I did not pay attention to my surroundings and did not take notice of the place where I ended up. A place of death. Not death in the sense that I am accustomed to, but a place designed for death. A place where living things are meant to go to slaughter: an abattoir. I remember the smell from my childhood days, and that very same smell caught my senses as I stumbled across a floor that was flooded with debris and old tools of death. The smell of rust, blood and fear was so familiar. I longed to flee the area, to return to the campfire that I both despise and love. But that thing was still out there, I had to make use of the meat plant's maze-like features, and flee…yet again. "
The new chapter is available today for $6.99 on Windows PC through Steam and other digital distribution channels, as well as on Xbox One and the PlayStation 4 computer entertainment system.prev