Call of Duty: Black Ops III has been getting a surprising amount of push these days. After all, the game originally came out in late 2015, but continues to be a top-seller on the U.S. market, despite the release of Infinite Warfare last year and the forthcoming WWII in November.
We’ve already gotten a new pack of maps in the form of Zombies Chronicles earlier this month, and now Activision has gone and provided a number of free goodies for PC players of the game for the next 30 days. Completely free.
Granted, not everything is free to them. You’ll still need to pay for the Zombies Chronicles pack that just came out. However, all the rest of the PC-based DLC appears to be on the house.
Sadly, it looks like this is just for the PC version of the game, so if you own the Xbox One or PlayStation 4 edition, you’ll still need to pay for your content. Sorry, folks.
Here’s the rundown of the maps that you can get anywhere between Tuesday, May 30th and June 30th. Just look for it under the Multiplayer DLC Trial Pack.
- Skyjacked: Fan favorite "Hijacked", re-imagined as a Z.O.F. police VTOL, hovering over rioting downtown Zürich.
- Rise: Under construction Coalescence research campus hidden in the snowy Zürich mountains.
- Splash: Recently abandoned waterpark resort, located in the Southeast United States. Beware the Kraken.
- Gauntlet: Classified training facility uniquely designed to push the Specialists beyond their limits.
- Spire: Futuristic sub-orbital airport terminal set high above the clouds.
- Knockout: Privately owned island that hosts a tournament amongst traditional shaolin architecture, spiced up with 70's disco flair.
- Rift: Military rail complex suspended high over an active caldera.
- Verge: Classic "Banzai" from World at War, re-imagined as a post-apocalyptic battle ground, where two tribes fight for control of the last clean water source.
- Berserk: Ancient sentinels from a lost civilization guard the entrance to a Viking village frozen in time.
- Cryogen: Located far off the coast in the Dead Sea, an isolated compound holds some of the world’s most dangerous criminals in frozen isolation.
- Empire: Fan favorite "Raid", re-imagined as an authentic Roman villa recreated by a modern-day eccentric billionaire.
- Rumble: Giant robots battle to the roar of the crowd in an arena located off the coast of Brazil.
- Citadel: An ancient towering castle, once a seat of power, now sits broken and abandoned. The last trespassers didn't make it out alive - maybe you'll have a better shot.
- Micro: A miniaturized war zone that takes place on a well-stocked family picnic table.
- Outlaw: Fan favorite "Standoff", re-imagined as a rough-and-tough western themed town.
- Rupture: Classic "Outskirts" from World at War, re-imagined as a high-tech facility, designed to repair the Earth's atmosphere. Take control of a security battle mech, the Manticore, and unleash destruction.
Also, if you already own any of these maps with this version of the game, you’ll be rewarded with double experience. This includes if you own the Season Pass.
Happy downloading, and we’ll see you in multiplayer!
Call of Duty: Black Ops III is available now for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC. There’s also a limited multiplayer version available for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.