Monster Hunter: World is finally available for Xbox One and PlayStation 4 players, and the latest title has loads to offer gamers diving in for the very first time. In addition to adorable Palicoes, enormous beasts, and stunning landscapes to explore, there's also a really awesome character creation menu and fans are putting it to good use.
Whether adapting a toon to look more like a player, or making an avatar that just looks crazy as all get up ... or maybe even a stylish pop culture reference; one thing is for sure and that's that players are pushing the more artistic side of the new title to the limits. Here are some of the best of the best that we've seen so far.
Adventures in Character Creation
From the stylish, to the hilarious - feast your eyes on all of the beauty to be had:prevnext
Are you sad?
Do you feel pretty?
And these are just a few that we found. Where there is character customization, there is the potential for both the beautiful and the insanely weird. We tried to provide a little bit of both.prevnext
About the Game
Monster Hunter: World is out now for Xbox One and PlayStation 4, with a PC release slated this year. For more about the incredibly intricate game:
"In Monster Hunter: World, follow the journey of the elder dragons as they begin their once a decade migration across the sea to a land known as the New World in an event referred to by inhabitants as the Elder Crossing. As part of the Guild's Research Commission, players must embark on a grand journey to this massive, mysterious land and uncover the secrets behind this phenomenon. As hunters set out on their quests, the Commission's sights are set on Zorah Magdaros, a colossal elder dragon that rises from the earth like a volcano."
- Welcome to the new world: taking on the role of a Hunter, players are tasked with going on a research expedition to a newly discovered continent known only as "new world".
- Living and breathing ecosystem: utilize the surrounding environment and wildlife to your advantage.
- Online drop-in multiplayer: when the battle is too daunting to take on single-handedly, hail up to three other hunters to assist during quests by sending up a sos flare to a worldwide server.
- Hunt to craft new Gear: defeat monsters and collect loot from fallen foes to craft equipment and weapons styled after the monsters that have been slain.
- SEAMLESS gameplay: players and monsters can move from One map area to another freely and without loading screens whilst gameplay also dynamically transitions between night and day.
Your thoughts on character customization?
With immersive games, character creation can be a huge positive feature to connect the player with their new adventure even more. Being able to create essentially yourself in a fantastical world just makes it easier to get lost in it, to make the experience mean something even more on a personal level. It also makes replayability infinitely more likely. I can't tell you how many times I've replayed the Dragon Age series or the Mass Effect trilogy just to see my toon in all their glory.
What do you think? Is Character Creation important, or is it something that you could easily live without? Take a vote in the poll below to share your thoughts!prev