For those like us that enjoy a good tech comparison video, the PlayStation Experience celebration going on now gives us just that for the highly anticipated title Shadow of the Colossus. In the latest gameplay demo, we get to see what it's like between the PlayStation 4 Pro, the PlayStation 3, and the PlayStation 2. Is it necessary? No, not really - but it is really cool to see just how much technology has changed throughout the years.
According to the PlayStation blog:
For the first time, we are also happy to confirm that PlayStation 4 Pro users will benefit from two play options:
- Cinematic, which emphasizes image quality, and for owners of compatible 4K HDR displays, boasts a beautiful dynamic 4K image targeting 30 fps
- Performance, which delivers an extremely fluid frame rate targeting 60 fps
In addition to the neat comparison video for grins and giggles, Sony has also revealed the new Special Edition of the upcoming game:
"Lastly, we are also proud to reveal a Special Edition release, which will include the following bonus items: Steelbook Collector’s Case with outer sleeve, Artist Postcards, Printed Manual, In-game Digital Extras (Ancient Bow, Cloak of Fate, “Spotted Steed” Agro skin), Two Custom PS4 Themes, Colossi Avatar Set for PS4, Physical World Map, and Colossi Stickers."
Shadow of the Colossus is set for a February 6, 2018 release date!
(via PlayStation Blog)
More about the game:
Tales speak of an ancient realm where Colossi roam the majestic landscape. Bound to the land, these creatures hold a key to a mystical power of revival - a power you must obtain to bring a loved one back to life.
Shadow of the Colossus is a breathtaking journey through ancient lands to seek out gigantic beasts. Armed with only a sword and a bow, explore the spacious lands and unearth each Colossus, presenting a unique challenge to test your wits, determination, and skill.
- Explore vast forbidden lands filled with haunting ruins on a quest to bring a girl back to life
- Conquer an unforgettable menagerie of towering creatures, each presenting a uniquely crafted challenge to overcome
- The beloved all time classic gets rebuilt from the ground up for PlayStation 4 system