Respawn Entertainment has been quite busy with its downloadable content support for Titanfall 2 over the past few months, but fans have been eating it up like crazy, enjoying the new Titans, modes, maps and whatever else the developer has been throwing their way. So why change what works?
With that, Respawn has announced a new pack of DLC coming this Tuesday to the game, in the form of The War Games. In it, we'll not only get access to a new map, but also a live fire map, a new execution and other neat little things that will keep us busy until July, when even more content is coming.
Like all previously offered content for the game, The War Games will be free, and should update automatically once it goes live this Tuesday. That's across the board for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.
Let's check out the breakdown of content below!
- Map: War Games
- Pilots on the Frontier frequently use simulator pods to train, using life-like recreations of historical battles as combat scenarios. War Games highlights the civilian shops, tall buildings for window-to-window fighting, and city streets for Titan combat from the Battle of Angel City, and the large, open tank garage facilities for hand-to-hand Pilot combat from the Battle of Airbase Sierra. The outskirts of the map feature a clean, VR style perfect for Titan duels, while Pilots are often found running along the bright, interconnected wallrunning routs.
- Live Fire Map: Traffic
- A weathered test site where pilot positioning is pitted against mobility across two busy thoroughfares. Dense cover makes every corner a threat, with room for snipers to hide in the back fields.
- New Execution: Shadow Boxing [Holo Pilot]
- Get 20 pilot kills while a holopilot ability is active (Both normal holopilot and boost ability holopilot nova count.) Does not retroactively count.
- 3rd Weapon Slot for Pilots
- You will now be able to equip a primary, secondary, and anti-titan weapon.
- Titan Brawl will be added to the permanent list of game modes. Titan damage will be displayed instead of assists.
- New Featured Mode: Free Agents
- Additional details for balance changes, features, and updates will be provided in the patch notes closer to launch.
The company also noted that July's update is coming around the corner, and is expected to be "huge," with "the long-awaited return of a favorite mode from the original Titanfall." And who knows, we could get even bigger updates past that!
Titanfall 2 is available now for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.