For more than 40 years, iconic Stephen King stories have been brought to life as effective horror films, with some movie fans being oblivious to the fact that the films were based on the author's tales. While King is a staple of the horror film community, he only ever offered his directorial services on one film, Maximum Overdrive. The film is headed to Blu-ray on October 23rd, which will include the special features listed below.
Get ready for the ultimate battle of man vs. bloodthirsty machine in this terrifying Stephen King classic! For three horrifying days, the Earth passes through the tail of a mysterious comet. The skies glow an eerie green as humanity waits to see what the fallout will be. But what they imagine is nothing like the nightmare they find — the comet’s magnetic fields cause all the machines on Earth to suddenly come to life and terrorize their human creators in a horrific killing spree. Now, it’s up to a small group of people trapped in a desolate truck stop to defeat the killer machines — or be killed by them!
The Blu-ray set will include:
- NEW: Audio Commentary with Writer Tony Magistrale, Author of Hollywood’s Steven King
- NEW: Audio Commentary by Actor and Comedian Jonah Ray and Blumhouse Film Executive Ryan Turek
- NEW: “Truck Stop Tales” Featurette – An Interview with Producer Martha De Laurentiis
- NEW: “Rage Against the Machines” Featurette – An Interview with Actress Laura Harrington
- NEW: “Honeymoon Horrors” Featurette – Interviews with Actor John Short and Actress Yeardley Smith
- NEW: “Maximum Carnage” Featurette – An Interview with Make-Up Effects Creator Dean Gates
- “A Kid in King’s Court” Featurette – An Interview with Actor Holter Graham
- NEW: “The Wilmington Factor” Featurette – A Look Back at the Filming of Maximum Overdrive with Members of the Production Crew in North Carolina
- NEW: “Who Made Who?” Featurette – An Interview with Murray Engleheart, Co-Author of AC/DC: Maximum Rock & Roll
- NEW: “Goblin Resurrectus” Featurette – The Restoration of the Happy Toyz Golbin
- Behind-the-Scenes Footage
- Still Gallery
- Theatrical Trailer
- TV Spots
Despite King's accomplishments in the world of literature, Maximum Overdrive, which the author also wrote, is widely considered a massive misstep in his career. The author has openly admitted that his issues with substance abuse during the making of the film aided
You can grab a copy of the film when it hits shelves on October 23rd. UPDATE: It's available to pre-order on Amazon now with a 17% discount.
Will you be adding the horror film to your collection? Let us know in the comments below or hit up @TheWolfman on Twitter to talk all things horror and Star Wars!
[H/T Bloody Disgusting]
Note: This is not a sponsored post, but if you purchase one of the awesome products featured above, we may earn a small commission from the retailer. Thank you for your support.