While you might not ever be able to afford Tony Stark's Iron Man armor, you just might be able to attain a custom Harley Davidson based on the popular character.
The acclaimed motorcycle company has joined up with Marvel to create 27 custom motorcycles, all based on traits from the massive lineup of Marvel superheroes. To kick things off, Harley-Davidson has introduced a special 75th anniversary Captain America Street Glide Special (Touring) bike.
Harley-Davidson spokesperson, David Turney says, "The spirit of freedom is alive and thriving in the Harley-Davidson Street Glide Special. Like Captain America, it leads from the front with strength, power and endurance, enabling you to venture to new worlds and beyond."
You'll be able to see the bike in person at Myer, Pitt Street Mall in Sydney during the dates of August 15th and September 5th.
"We customised the Captain America Street Glide Special to inspire Harley-Davidson dealers across Australia and New Zealand to create their own Marvel character inspired custom motorcycle using the wider H-D range. The results have been phenomenal. A true combination of super powers, with over 16 Marvel characters represented," Turney says.
The line features a formidable lineup of heroes, including Groot, Black Widow, Black Panther, Spider-Man, Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Spider-Gwen, Wasp, Ultron, Drax, Ant-Man, The Punisher, Ghost Rider, and Thanos.
"Harley-Davidson and its dealers have done an amazing job with this Marvel inspired collection. It's exciting to see such a rich legacy of iconic characters and their individual stories so creatively captured," said Gavin Ashcroft CMO of the Walt Disney Company AUNZ.
You can view the entire lineup in the gallery, and make sure to check out their descriptions below. You can find out more about the bikes here, and you can also enter to win a custom bike of your there as well.0comments
All 27 custom bikes will be on display at the Oz Comic-Con in Sydney, which takes place on September 10th and 11th.
- Captain America, Street Glide Special (Touring) – Harley-Davidson Australia & New Zealand head office (NSW)
- Spider-man, Iron 883 (Sportster) – Phil's Garage (NSW) and Canberra H-D (ACT)
- Iron Man - Muscle (V-Rod) – McIver & Veitch (NZ) & Adelaide Bike Works (SA)
- Thor, Breakout (Softail) – Harley-Heaven Western Sydney (NSW)
- Hulk, Fat Boy Lo (Softail) – Geelong H-D (VIC)
- Hulk, Breakout (Softail) - Sun City H-D (QLD)
- Spider-Gwen, Street 500 (Street) - Gasoline Alley Harley-Davidson (QLD) & Fraser Motorcycles Newcastle (NSW)
- Black Widow, Iron 883 (Sportster) – Harley-Heaven Melbourne (VIC) & Sy's H-D (NSW)
- Wasp. Iron 883 (Sportster) – Fraser Motorcycles Perth (WA)
- Groot, Street Glide Special (Touring) – Fraser Motorcycles Wollongong (NSW) & Central Coast H-D (NSW)
- Ultron, Night Rod Special (V-Rod) - Horsham H-D (VIC) & Harley Central (VIC)
- Drax the Destroyer, Fat Bob (Dyna) - North Coast V-Twins (NSW) & Richardson's Harley-Davidson (TAS)
- Black Panther, Breakout (Softail) – Fraser Motorcycles Concord (NSW) & Western Ranges (NSW)
- Ant-Man, Street Bob (Dyna) – Harley City (VIC) & Gold Coast Harley (QLD)
- The Punisher, Forty-Eight (Sportster) – SunShine Coast (QLD) & Rolling Thunder MC (NZ)
- Ghost Rider, Road Glide Special (Touring) – Morgan & Wacker Brisbane (QLD)
- Thanos, Street Glide Special (Touring) – Harley-Heaven Adelaide (SA)