Infinity Ward has revealed it's adding a popular mode to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare permanently following fan feedback and demand from countless PS4, Xbox One, and PC players. The new addition won't concern Call of Duty: Warzone players, but for the millions still grinding Call of Duty: Modern Warfare multiplayer, it will be a welcomed addition. More specifically, today the aforementioned developer revealed it's adding Realism mode to the game permanently.
Much to the vexation of players, Infinity Ward hasn't made Realism mode a permanent addition to the game in favor of rotating it out here and there like it does with many more specific modes. And this has been a bit strange. As you may remember, the mode was highlighted in a major way before release, suggesting it would be a permanent addition to the game's multiplayer offering.
Confirmation of the mode's permanent addition doesn't come from Infinity Ward exactly, but the game's co-design multiplayer director, Joe Cecot, who makes a habit of interacting with fans on Twitter, which sometimes leads to pertinent information being shared.
It is our intention to add it to the filter :)— Joe Cecot (@JoeCecot) June 24, 2020
Unfortunately, while we know the mode will be a staple of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare's offering going forward, there isn't any word of when it will be made permanent. It could come in the next update or in a few updates from now. Cecot doesn't provide any information in this regard.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is available via the PS4, Xbox One, PC, and will soon be made available on PS5 and Xbox Series X as well.
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Warzone Update Adds New Operator and More
- New Black Ops: Cold War Report Has Bad News for Call of Duty Fans
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Leak Reveals Fan Favorite MW2 Map Is Returning Soon
- Call of Duty: Warzone Players Discover Possible Sea Monster or Russian Submarine Hiding Under the Ice
- New Call of Duty: Warzone Leak Reveals Big Upcoming Gameplay Feature and More